Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   bleeding but healthy pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469401)

divergirldee 12-04-2012 12:41 PM

bleeding but healthy pregnancy?

Anyone bleed red for a long time and still have a healthy pregnancy?

I've been bleeding red for 7 days(at first just when I wiped, light for 2 days, then medium for two days, back to light, and now back to just when I wipe). I emailed my mw last week after a couple days bleeding and she said it sounded like a m/c and to retes when I stopped bleeding. Thing is, when I tested (13dpo) I would've only been 3w5d, bled for 7 days and now I'm getting darker bfps than when I did before. On Saturday (4w3d)I went to the ER bc I was still bleeding and feeling really lightheaded, like I would pass out. I have a bleeding disorder so wondered if I might be losing too much blood. They did an u/s but didn't see anything (but I was reading that sometimes you can't even see the sac until 5 wks) and said my beta was low (but wouldn't tell me a number) and I was probably having a m/c. My bp was super high, so that explains the lightheadedness. I would be 5wks tomorrow. So anyways, I'm hoping that it was/is a sch or decidual bleeding or something since blood never became brown and I never passed any clots larger than 1-2mm... Wishful thinking? Shouldn't I get a bfn or at least lighter bfps after a whole week of bleeding at only 4wks?? Someone tell me their healthy pregnacy stories.

cdeweese 12-04-2012 12:50 PM

Re: bleeding but healthy pregnancy?

I had a sub chorionic hemmorage at 5 1/2 weeks and bled off and on until 10 weeks. I'm 18 weeks now and everything is fine :)

divergirldee 12-04-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdeweese (Post 16004841)
I had a sub chorionic hemmorage at 5 1/2 weeks and bled off and on until 10 weeks. I'm 18 weeks now and everything is fine :)

Did you bleeding stay red the whole time, or did it graduated to brown spotting? Just curious bc technically I'm spotting today, but it's still red.

3 ladybugs 12-04-2012 02:18 PM

I knew someone who bleed for most of her pregnancy. Her child is fine but he does have autism (unrelated I believe). So it can happen.

Good luck! :hugs:

EmilytheStrange 12-04-2012 02:20 PM

I spotted for weeks, I think, with DD. We went to the ER because we thought something was wrong. They said nothing was wrong and without cramps, to not worry. Took awhile to stop bleeding. but, it was red, if I remember correctly and it wasn't a real 'flow'.. just spotting.

edit: should mention that I had a very low lying placenta.. and my current understanding is that a low lying placenta that's slowly moving as your uterus grows can cause some spotting.

CWHmama 12-04-2012 02:28 PM

I started bleeding at 5w with my first son. It kept up until 13 weeks. It varied between light brown spotting and heavy red bleeding and envy thing in between. I had 2 early u/s but never found a reason why. It was so scary, mc was all i thought about all day for two months. He was born at 38 weeks and is a totally healthy 5 year old now.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

KumfyKozies 12-04-2012 07:44 PM

With my 1st I was bleeding red for the whole 10th week. The OB and ER staff could never find a reason for it. She was born perfectly healthy at 38 weeks. With my fourth I bled for 5 days at 13 weeks and again, nothing could be found wrong and everything's fine.

divergirldee 12-05-2012 06:31 AM

No more bleeding as on this morning and the darkest bfp yet. I sent an email to my mw to see how she wants to proceed (wait and test again, u/, beta test...)

GrazieGirl 12-06-2012 07:40 AM

I bled/spotted every color from 11 weeks to 25 weeks because of a SCH. He'll be one on the 16th!

divergirldee 12-06-2012 07:54 AM

Thanks ladies, I did get a wee bit of spotting yesterday and this morning, so I'm thinking sch...which sucks bc I have been out of Tae Kwon Do for 2 weeks bc my kids have had this horrible stomach flu (DS1 last week and DS2 this week). I can't wait to o back, but what I've read about sch, you have to take it easy until it heals...boo