Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wipe warmers with cloth wipes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469485)

clothdiapercrunchy 12-04-2012 05:19 PM

Wipe warmers with cloth wipes?

Im trying to decide how I want to to store wipes this time. Ive never liked the ways I did it with my other two. Someone mentioned they used cloth wipes in a wipe warmer at home.... How would that work? Anyone ever use one? How does it work? most of them pop up. I suppose I could open it everytime to get one can water be put in the warmer? Anyone know? LOL

romansmommy 12-04-2012 05:32 PM

I used our warmer w/ cloth wipes when DS was in diapers and will be using it again with the newbie in 2 wks. I did not use the pop up feature-just folded the wipes in half and would open the lid to remove them each time. Depending on what mood I was in, I would either fill the bathroom sink a little and add a squirt of baby soap then toss in the wipes, wring them out, fold and put them in the warmer OR fold them in the warmer and pour my water/soap solution over them. I personally had better luck w/ getting them saturated in the sink but tended to get lazy toward the end of diapering DS and did the pour solution over method.
You also don't really HAVE to add anything to your water but I like the smell of baby soap :)

ObbsAndLala 12-04-2012 05:35 PM

Re: Wipe warmers with cloth wipes?

I used a wipes warmer with my cloth wipes for over a year and loved it.

You can wet the wipes and put them in the warmer. Either roll them up or toss them in, and yes you open up the lid each time to grab one. Or you can fold the wipes together just like disposables to 'pop' out each time. Here's a tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUTPIY6dDgc

My favourite thing to do was just store my water in the wipes warmer. I'd have dry wipes on the change table and dip them in the warm water as needed. It worked perfectly.

My only tip would be to store on a few days worth of wipes at a time and clean it out frequently. I wiped mine clean every time I did diaper laundry as a habit to prevent bacteria harvesting.

lady longs 12-04-2012 06:45 PM

I loved mine!!!! And will be using it again.

I rolled my wipes then poured my water and solution over it. (actually my 9 yr old boy did it - it was his "diaper changing duty")

I didn't start using solution until my LO added solids b/c it really isn't necessary. But, this time, I will start with solution b/c I like the smell (unless my new LO is sensitive).

I never thought to wash mine out:blush:

clothdiapercrunchy 12-04-2012 06:51 PM

Ok great! you all talked me into it! HEHEHE :D

luvof3boyz 12-04-2012 06:53 PM

I only store my solution in the warmer. If I put wipes in it they get moldy. I don't go through very many wipes. I only put a small amount of my own homemade solution in it. I change it every 2 days.

I use water, Dr bonner's, sweet orange oil, tea tree oil , and jojoba oil.

3beezmama 12-04-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvof3boyz
I only store my solution in the warmer. If I put wipes in it they get moldy. I don't go through very many wipes. I only put a small amount of my own homemade solution in it. I change it every 2 days.

I use water, Dr bonner's, sweet orange oil, tea tree oil , and jojoba oil.

Tea tree oil solved my mold problems.

bumminbeachbabe 12-04-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romansmommy
I used our warmer w/ cloth wipes when DS was in diapers and will be using it again with the newbie in 2 wks. I did not use the pop up feature-just folded the wipes in half and would open the lid to remove them each time. Depending on what mood I was in, I would either fill the bathroom sink a little and add a squirt of baby soap then toss in the wipes, wring them out, fold and put them in the warmer OR fold them in the warmer and pour my water/soap solution over them. I personally had better luck w/ getting them saturated in the sink but tended to get lazy toward the end of diapering DS and did the pour solution over method.
You also don't really HAVE to add anything to your water but I like the smell of baby soap :)

This is basically what I do except I boil the water I make my solution with. I haven't had a mold or musty smell issue yet.

mariamommy 12-04-2012 07:14 PM

My wipe warmer is seriously the best cloth diapering accessory there is! I fold my wipes in half, stack them up, and store them in the warmer, either with a solution (fill the warmer with water half way, drop in the solution cube, and when it dissolves, put enough wipes in to soak it all up. Or...I grab a stack of dry wipes, run the faucet water stream over them long enough to wet them down, squeeze out a majority of the excess, and put them right in the warmer with no solution. I've done either of these two things for 4 yrs with absolutely no issues, and my warmer is plugged in 100% of the time.
I have a prince lionheart warmer that was made for cloth wipes (it even came with 6 bamboo wipes) and the lid lifts up as a whole, there is no pop up lid. I'd highly recommend it!

tesslouise 12-04-2012 07:41 PM

I've had two warmers, the first was a gift and when it died (after 2 years or so) I bought a used one. I fold the wipes, set a stack in the warmer, and pour 2-3 cups of solution (1 Wee Essentials cube + boiling water) over them. I wring them out when I go to use them and add a few more wipes as we get to the bottom of the stack, if there's extra solution.