Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Crap on a cracker, my kids have lice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469489)

BoyCrazy 12-04-2012 05:37 PM

Crap on a cracker, my kids have lice

I just discovered them on my 6 yeat old, sure enough my 8 and 3 yo's have them too. My mom just got here with lice combs and stuff. The worst part, my mom was going to take us to Red Robin for dinner, obviously those plans are cancelled. Oh the howling and crying when I told the boys that.

s@hmommy 12-04-2012 05:44 PM

Re: Crap on a cracker, my kids have lice

Ugh. We got a note from dd's teacher on Monday stating there were several cases of it in her class. I pray she doesn't get. I have really long hair and do not want to deal with it. Sorry!

~Laura~ 12-04-2012 05:45 PM

:hugs:

mommy24babes 12-04-2012 05:45 PM

That really sucks!
My DDs class has had noted come home 3 times so far this year. I'm just waiting and dreading us getting it.

I itch just thinking about it.

justsamma 12-04-2012 05:51 PM

boo! i'm sorry mama!
Lice is a HUGE fear of mine. My poor dreads would need to be shaved.

Sugar&SpiceX3 12-04-2012 05:51 PM

Oh man! I hope you are able to get rid of it quickly and it stays away. That stinks about Red Robin too! Maybe you can get it to go?

joyous 12-04-2012 05:52 PM

I'm sorry :( Can you guys call Red Robin and pick it up to go? Not as fun I guess

tallanvor 12-04-2012 07:03 PM

If you keep up on checking and get everything cleaned well, the adults are less likely to get it. Our oldest got it several times last year from a neighbor, and while at times all three kids had it, DH and I never got it. For some reason, they prefer children's heads. They also prefer clean hair, so stop washing (or add tea tree oil to your shampoo) until you're sure they are gone.

BoyCrazy 12-04-2012 10:39 PM

We got the kids heads all treated and they all got super short haircuts with the #1 guard! Thank goodness I have all boys! I feel so bad for not catching it sooner. My 3 and 6 yo both have scabs on their scalps from scratching. I've been trying to grow their short summer cuts out because they both have really nice hair, but now it's shorter than ever. Thank goodness the baby doesn't have any, or my husband. We found two juveniles on me but no nits or adults, they probably don't like my colored and blow-dried hair.
We've gotten the lice letter home from school a few times last year but nothing recently. I would have checked their heads sooner if we had gotten it recently. I usually check them at least weekly because I've always been paranoid, but lately I've been slacking. Never again!
Oh and we got Papa Murphy's for dinner so it wasn't a total bust. And my mom promised them a raincheck for later this week for Red Robin. I guess she loves us enough to buy us burgers even after combing gross bugs and eggs out of all our heads.

5PrincessMommy 12-04-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyCrazy (Post 16007150)
We got the kids heads all treated and they all got super short haircuts with the #1 guard! Thank goodness I have all boys! I feel so bad for not catching it sooner. My 3 and 6 yo both have scabs on their scalps from scratching. I've been trying to grow their short summer cuts out because they both have really nice hair, but now it's shorter than ever. Thank goodness the baby doesn't have any, or my husband. We found two juveniles on me but no nits or adults, they probably don't like my colored and blow-dried hair.
We've gotten the lice letter home from school a few times last year but nothing recently. I would have checked their heads sooner if we had gotten it recently. I usually check them at least weekly because I've always been paranoid, but lately I've been slacking. Never again!
Oh and we got Papa Murphy's for dinner so it wasn't a total bust. And my mom promised them a raincheck for later this week for Red Robin. I guess she loves us enough to buy us burgers even after combing gross bugs and eggs out of all our heads.

what a sweet mom you have! Sorry about the lice, they suck. My dd just got lice a few months ago. luckily I caught it super quick before it spread to anyone else. We've all go it (including me when I was prego) and so if I see a kid scratch their head, I'm searching it LOL.