Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   False Positives & Pregnancy after BC (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469555)

averysydneymommy 12-04-2012 09:29 PM

False Positives & Pregnancy after BC

Help me figure this out . . .
I did a HPT, digital, which said "pregnant." I was kinda in shock because I have been having unprotected sex for nearly a year without conceiving. I called my OBGYN and she ordered a blood test which came back negative. I was crushed. I have two children, both of which I got pregnant with 2-6 weeks after going off the Pill. I have never had regular periods except for when I was on the Pill.

Before all of this happened I wasn't trying to get pregnant, but was open if it happened. Now I realize that I really do want another baby. Any ideas on what happened and how to TTC more effectively? Should I get on the pill again to aid in ovulating regularly and then go off again in a few months? My sister has PCOS and had trouble conceiving naturally too . . .

keen1981 12-04-2012 09:33 PM

Depends on what kind of blood test she did.

averysydneymommy 12-04-2012 09:38 PM

She said she ordered one that would test my hcg levels

keen1981 12-04-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by averysydneymommy
She said she ordered one that would test my hcg levels

There are two. When was this test performed?

Nickel+3 12-04-2012 09:43 PM

I'd test again

averysydneymommy 12-04-2012 09:52 PM

I got the positive hpt on friday and the blood test was yesterday. Just took a hpt a few minutes ago bfn? I guess maybe a defective test?

averysydneymommy 12-05-2012 03:24 PM

My obgyn thought it was most likely a chemical pregnancy and that I would probably start bleeding soon. We will see.

Tina5834 12-05-2012 04:01 PM

Isn't a 5 days kinda soon for hcg to be out o your system? I don't think it's a chemical pregnancy, I do think that the test was defective.

keen1981 12-05-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette
Isn't a 5 days kinda soon for hcg to be out o your system? I don't think it's a chemical pregnancy, I do think that the test was defective.

I'm actually thinking a chemical.

Hcg super low can dump fast. Even my 10week loss it's declined swiftly until the end.

OP did the dr tell you the beta VALUE? A 'negative' can be anything under 25 on some tests. Even though over 5 is a 'positive'..

So I think a chemical could have happened, depending on the test she did..

Tina5834 12-05-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981

I'm actually thinking a chemical.

Hcg super low can dump fast. Even my 10week loss it's declined swiftly until the end.

OP did the dr tell you the beta VALUE? A 'negative' can be anything under 25 on some tests. Even though over 5 is a 'positive'..

So I think a chemical could have happened, depending on the test she did..

Good to know!