Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I think someone from my doctors offic spilled the beans that I'm pregnant to my SIL!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469636)

crunchymamaNY 12-05-2012 04:37 AM

I think someone from my doctors offic spilled the beans that I'm pregnant to my SIL!!

I'm fuming. I just found out I'm pregnant last week, and I only told 1 friend. My friend knew that I wasn't even telling my husband yet until after the holidays and she's a really good friend and swore she wouldn't tell a soul. I know she's telling the truth.

Anyway, no one knew about my pregnancy....NO ONE! Except for my midwifes office, I was it (except here).

Well, my sister in law emails me last night to congratulate me on my pregnancy!!!!! How on earth did she know? I never see or talk to her. She lives in the same town. I asked her what she's talking about (trying to play dumb) and she said, just that she knows, and that I'm due in the summer!!!!!

OMGeez! What do I do?? Now, I have to tell my whole family today!! Word will spread quick, and I don't want her to know she was the first to know. I'm so upset about this. If the someone from the midwifes office spilled the beans, I'd like to know who it was and get them fired!!!! How dare them break MY HIPPA!!!!!!

MyM&W 12-05-2012 04:50 AM

Oh no!!! I'd be fuming too!!

aaiya 12-05-2012 05:06 AM

Re: I think someone from my doctors offic spilled the beans that I'm pregnant to my S

I'd call and talk to the highest admin at the midwife's office (if it's a CNM or the Midwife herself).

3 ladybugs 12-05-2012 05:23 AM

Re: I think someone from my doctors offic spilled the beans that I'm pregnant to my S

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaiya (Post 16007454)
I'd call and talk to the highest admin at the midwife's office (if it's a CNM or the Midwife herself).

:yeahthat: This isn't right and you should be able to hide something like this if you wanted to. Especially since your so early. I may be able to understand it if you were 8 months or something and they thought everyone knew but seeing how you can't be 8 months along and due next summer this is very wrong!

:hugs:

hohaas 12-05-2012 05:43 AM

I would def call the office and report it!!!!

kushie tushie 12-05-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaiya

I'd call too. Does your SIL know anyone who works at the office or does she use that office as well?

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

my2sweets 12-05-2012 05:50 AM

:( that sucks!

I would call sil and ask how she found out 1st. Id also let her know since you are so early youre not telling anyone yet and to please keep her mouth shut. If youre close Id even tell her you havent told dh yet-waiting for the prefect oppertunity/figuring out a neat way/something-so dont spill the beans.

If in fact it was the office who told then I would call and raise hell but Id try to figure out exactly what happen before I started accusing ppl.

evasimone 12-05-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2sweets (Post 16007516)
:( that sucks!

I would call sil and ask how she found out 1st. Id also let her know since you are so early youre not telling anyone yet and to please keep her mouth shut. If youre close Id even tell her you havent told dh yet-waiting for the prefect oppertunity/figuring out a neat way/something-so dont spill the beans.

If in fact it was the office who told then I would call and raise hell but Id try to figure out exactly what happen before I started accusing ppl.

I'd be more likely to suspect your friend rather than the office. Sorry. I'd definitely talk to your SIL first and ask where she heard. I think its premature to start accusing people at the office and could really make the staff dislike you if they had nothing to do with it. Their is nothing quite like being accused of a HIPPA violation when youre innocent IYKWIM?

I am sorry someone spilled the beans though and I hope you find out who.

Nerissa 12-05-2012 09:23 AM

That sucks. I would definatly find our from your SIL how she found out before you go accusing the office of telling. Violating HIPPA is a huge deal.

norrahsmommy 12-05-2012 09:49 AM

My nurse and Dr both violated HIPPA when to tell me that xh's pregnant gf uses them as well, and that dd is going to have a brother along with the sister I am carrying. Their exact words were: "How is N adjusting to having a brother AND sister around the same time?" I didn't know she was pregnant and there is a lot more to the story than this post will allow, but I am changing Drs at 32 weeks into my pregnancy because of their violations.

Eta: moral of my story, the staff may not even realize they spilled the beans, if they did. Mine thought I knew because we are both due about 3 weeks apart, didn't realize the animosity between us, ect...