Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   When do you wrap presents? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469721)

whitneywalters 12-05-2012 10:06 AM

When do you wrap presents?

I can't wrap ahead of time since my littlest one would unwrap them all lol. :giggle2:
So, I am planning on wrapping everything Christmas eve ( minus what I need ahead of time for Christmas with the inlaws). I am not thrilled with this idea since it is going to take me a really long time to get it done but I guess I will do what I have to do!
I am making some tags ahead of time though.

cheezpoofs 12-05-2012 10:11 AM

Re: When do you wrap presents?

I'm going to spread them out and wrap a few every night from now until Christmas. If I waited until Christmas Eve, I'd be up all night wrapping presents. I'll just stash the wrapped presents back in the closet where they currently hide.

Rhianna'sMommy 12-05-2012 10:12 AM

I'll wrap here and there through out the month. We put them under the tree after they go to bed on the 23rd (well non Santa stuff). They get one day to drool over the presents and shake them and guess which is enough anticipation for them without killing them off. The kids will probably start putting the stuff they've shopped for under the tree about a week before Christmas.

loganzmama 12-05-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitneywalters (Post 16008400)
I can't wrap ahead of time since my littlest one would unwrap them all lol. :giggle2:
So, I am planning on wrapping everything Christmas eve ( minus what I need ahead of time for Christmas with the inlaws). I am not thrilled with this idea since it is going to take me a really long time to get it done but I guess I will do what I have to do!
I am making some tags ahead of time though.

Could you wrap a few at the time (if they are smaller items) & hide them in a plastic tote til Christmas eve? That way its not a rush against the clock.

deezee02 12-05-2012 10:26 AM

Throughout the month, then hide them. I waited one year...never again!!!

my2sweets 12-05-2012 10:38 AM

I like to wrap as I buy them. I'll hide them anyhow so why not have them wrapped already. I waited until xmas eve to put together a kitchen when dd1 was little-huge mistake lol Now I build, wrap, hide and relax

stevensmom 12-05-2012 10:40 AM

yep wrap in advanced.

we usually send the kids off to the inlaws or my parents for a while and get wrapping done. But if not then we wrap at night and hide in the hiding spot

whitneywalters 12-05-2012 10:46 AM

Right now all the presents are in a huge tote. I am afraid to wrap ahead and have them get messed up!

ktmelody 12-05-2012 10:49 AM

We wrap on xmas eve. Its a tradition. Hubby and I put the kids to bed, grab a drink, some music and wrap away. I love it.

:)

whitneywalters 12-05-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmelody (Post 16008602)
We wrap on xmas eve. Its a tradition. Hubby and I put the kids to bed, grab a drink, some music and wrap away. I love it.

:)

See if you can get all those gifts wrapped for your kids, I should be able to handle my four lol.