Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Wrapping supplies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469733)

deezee02 12-05-2012 10:22 AM

Wrapping supplies

What do you store long rolls of wrapping paper in? I have quite a few that do not fit in my standard holder...ideally I am going to move all the Christmas stuff together. I have a long shelf to store it on, but I need it contained in something.

mrspopo 12-05-2012 12:50 PM

Re: Wrapping supplies

oooh I need to tackle my wrapping paper! It's falling all over in the closet, and the bows & things are in a big bag in the attic. I need a way to simplify things. What standard holder are you using now?

2+2macht4 12-05-2012 12:58 PM

All I have is the brown newspaper looking wrapping paper from ikea. Keeps things simple :)

deezee02 12-05-2012 01:29 PM

I cannot link on my phone, but it is a plastic container that the paper stands in... The lid flips open and there is a small container on top to store tape and scissors.

I have 2 red gift bag holder for tissue/bags and ribbons...they are soft, with 3 sections, 1 in back and 2 in front.

badmisterkitty 12-05-2012 01:56 PM

I've seen those standup holders before. They aren't tall enough for the giant rolls. Could you put some clips or some kind of edging on the shelf so they don't roll off? Then use up all the long ones and only buy ones that fit in your holder?

mama_to_DJM 12-05-2012 02:51 PM

For the first time, I recently figured out a way to store my wrapping paper! :) I got a long, narrow plastic tub that fits under the bed. It was about $7. It fits wrapping paper, tissue paper, ribbon, and tape.

harmoni247 12-05-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 16009192)
All I have is the brown newspaper looking wrapping paper from ikea. Keeps things simple :)

Yep, i dont have this, but we have postal/kraft paper rolls with the kids art table and i wrap in that, or if i have paper grocery bags on hand, i use those first. Then i either tie it with twine and tie a pinecone to it , or i tie it with a pretty fabric ribbon. Sometimes i stamp on a design (an evergreen, etc.) and a luggage tag with their name. No storage needed because its all craft supplies i have on hand for other things, its cheaper, and very pretty, classic wrappings (imo anyway).

harmoni247 12-05-2012 03:10 PM

I wonder if you could dedicate a chest to it? Like at the end of your bed? Or are you handy? I love building things, and you could probably make a simple wooden holder attach to the back of a closet door...im thinking two 1x4s. The bottom one attached as is with a bracket, and the top one with holes drilled all along it and attached 2 feet higher. Then slide the rolls in through the top....if you have two doors, you could use the other to hold a clear plastic shoe hanger to organize ribbons and such.

PoshPants 12-05-2012 03:29 PM

I had the plastic bag the shop used on a hook for a long time. and then a small paper bag or bows.

I'd go back to brown paper but hard to find here and usually not cheaper. I'd use brown paper bags if I had extra (I use them for rubbish vs plastic)

the container store has holders of various sizes, they have holders for EVERYTHING, I LOVE going there. (a bit odd? LOL)

babynme8 12-05-2012 03:37 PM

I use a tall standing wrapping paper holder but I had to ditch the lid since some rolls were too long. I keep it in the entry way closet. You could just buy a trash can and use it the same it way, might be cheaper. For bows, small gift bags and gift tags I have a shallow 12x12 container with attached lid. All the Christmas bags, boxes, gift tags etc go in a large rubbermaid tote that is stored in the shed and comes into the house with the decorations and stays in my bedroom until after Christmas.