Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Shipping through paypal question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469746)

erlyjo 12-05-2012 10:45 AM

I just realized that the last time I made a shipping label through PayPal I may have made a mistake. The drop down menu for priority packages only had an option for "flat rate envelope" which I just realized is different from the padded flat rate envelope that I used, with slightly different fees. What will happen to my package? Will it be returned to me?

I_run_with_scissors 12-05-2012 10:48 AM

Re: Shipping through paypal question
 
if you mailed it already it will either get returned because of insufficient postage or i have heard sometimes it still get delivered but the buyer will have to pay the extra postage, so id give them a heads up and just offer to pay them back whatever they end up getting charged

erlyjo 12-05-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
if you mailed it already it will either get returned because of insufficient postage or i have heard sometimes it still get delivered but the buyer will have to pay the extra postage, so id give them a heads up and just offer to pay them back whatever they end up getting charged

Ok. Thanks. Is there a way to make a label for padded envelopes through PayPal?

Kabuki24 12-05-2012 01:57 PM

Re: Shipping through paypal question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by erlyjo (Post 16008627)
Ok. Thanks. Is there a way to make a label for padded envelopes through PayPal?

Subbing. I cannot figure out how, but I wish there was a way.

paper_girl_76 12-05-2012 04:24 PM

Re: Shipping through paypal question
 
not through pp, but you can use the usps site and use pp to pay for it.

erlyjo 12-06-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paper_girl_76
not through pp, but you can use the usps site and use pp to pay for it.

Thanks!

expaik 12-06-2012 06:19 PM

Re: Shipping through paypal question
 
Just slap a 15 cent stamp onto the package with the printed paypal flat rate label and you are fine.

famaza 12-06-2012 07:32 PM

Re: Shipping through paypal question
 
I maybe wrong,pls correct me if I am!
I used to think that Paypal charges $4.90 for a flat rate envelope and the actual charges for a padded one are $5.30, so the difference between the 2 is 40 cents.we need to add stamps worth 40 cents to our package.

expaik 12-06-2012 08:05 PM

Re: Shipping through paypal question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by famaza (Post 16014775)
I maybe wrong,pls correct me if I am!
I used to think that Paypal charges $4.90 for a flat rate envelope and the actual charges for a padded one are $5.30, so the difference between the 2 is 40 cents.we need to add stamps worth 40 cents to our package.

$5.30 is the retail (post office) price. Online, it's $5.15 (if you go through eBay or USPS click-n-ship).

Likewise with the regular flat rate envelope. Retail price is $5.15, online is $4.90.

So either way, there's only a 15 cent difference.

famaza 12-06-2012 11:51 PM

Re: Shipping through paypal question
 
Thanks a lot for clarifying!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors