Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need reassurance... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469809)

Teexie 12-05-2012 02:35 PM

I need reassurance...

That my DD will not nurse this much forever. She is 19 months and I am exhausted. There are days that she wants to nurse as often as she did when she was tiny. I was at a playgroup today and was chatting with some other moms who have nursed toddlers, and theirs were all down to 1-2 sessions a day long before 19 months.

I really want to do this at her own pace, but lately things have been especially hard. She has had what seems like 3 colds in a row and is barely eating, so nursing even more than usual (even though the usual is still a LOT). She is also getting several teeth and is nursing all night long.

So that's all I need. Reassurance. Please and thank you!

c&w's mama 12-05-2012 02:44 PM

Re: I need reassurance...

:hugs: hang in there, mama

I don't know when it will pass, but it will.

l_Kimmie_l 12-05-2012 02:50 PM

I have never nursed a toddler so do not know for sure. Sounds like she is going through a lot right now so that might be why. I bet once those teeth come in and the cold goes she will chill out a bit.

breefawn 12-05-2012 03:05 PM

Big hugs, mama!! I fed DS on demand until around 18 months, and was wiped, so I feel for you. I cut back nursing by offering food first, and he was so excited to eat big boy food that nursing became a morning/night thing, and the. He eventually weaned himself. This is temporary, promise. She's still super little.

Also, if she's sick, it may be a comfort thing, and once she gets better, maybe you'll get a bit of a break :)

Hang in there! You're doing great!! :hugs:

firemommaof1 12-05-2012 03:30 PM

I'm right there with you ((hugs)). I'm nursing my 18 month old and some days it's like every half hour. Other days are only once or twice then at naps. So I really do think it has a lot to do with what is going on with them (sick or whatever....) and also I think she nurses more when she feels the stress of the household. I have two older and sometimes things just get crazy and I think that is her comfort. Her safe place. I will not last forever and it will pass before you know it.

cdeweese 12-05-2012 03:43 PM

Don't worry! She won't want to nurse when she's a preteen ;) If you're worn out you can always introduce a lovey during her nursing sessions and hold it close to you. When she starts to wean she'll have that (and it will smell like you).

tesslouise 12-07-2012 08:59 AM

My daughter didn't begin eating enough solids to begin nursing less until she was 15 months. And she is still a determined nurser (3-4 times a day) at age 3. Some kids are just boob fiends. DD#2 nurses like a "normal" baby (every 2-3 hrs and sttn) so I know it's not me. :)

aries416 12-07-2012 11:54 AM

It will get less!

My son is almost 26 months and he JUST started nursing less and eating more. Like within the last week.

kharvey92611 12-07-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teexie
That my DD will not nurse this much forever. She is 19 months and I am exhausted. There are days that she wants to nurse as often as she did when she was tiny. I was at a playgroup today and was chatting with some other moms who have nursed toddlers, and theirs were all down to 1-2 sessions a day long before 19 months.

I really want to do this at her own pace, but lately things have been especially hard. She has had what seems like 3 colds in a row and is barely eating, so nursing even more than usual (even though the usual is still a LOT). She is also getting several teeth and is nursing all night long.

So that's all I need. Reassurance. Please and thank you!

I'm right there with you ! My 14 month old is the same way now . I keep hoping he will slow down and nurse less as I'm due in August and having tender breast I cringe when he latches to nurse and it seems that's all he wants to
Do lately

married ❤attached mama to L(8/07) and J(9/11) expecting baby #3 in August

songbird516 12-07-2012 12:40 PM

My toddler nursed a lot until around 20 months. Then I just started feeding her more and cutting out nursings (I was pregnant at the time, so it was necessary iMO) It will pass. Especially if she's feeling sick, I can see why she'd be relying on you. It's also probably her personality; my first was like that and nursed a lot even after we started solids, but I can already tell that the little guy would be eating more solids if I was offering. He's way more distracted while nursing than she was, also.