Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   is there a AI1 diaper comparable to a pocket diaper? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469819)

aryaya 12-05-2012 02:13 PM

is there a AI1 diaper comparable to a pocket diaper?

I have never given all in ones a shot, and kinda skipped over even researching the brands.

Could be nice to have one or two around for pure simplicity. My little one is a super soaker and I do love how pocket diapers work for him (charlie banana and hiney liney are awesome).

I would love your opinion on a good AI1 diaper!

Do some perform just as good as pockets?

Thanks!

Kabuki24 12-05-2012 02:18 PM

Re: is there a AI1 diaper comparable to a pocket diaper?

BG Elementals and Swaddlebees Simplex are quite absorbent for AIO's.

crunchyNurseMommy 12-05-2012 02:25 PM

Tots bots is a combo AIO with a pocket opening. Nice because you can add inserts if you want or just go with the minky "tongue" soaker.

aryaya 12-05-2012 04:45 PM

Ooo I really like the swaddlebees just had a look. BUT... I hate side tabs! :( ... is there another diaper similar to this with front button or aplix?? Just realized Tots bots looks like one.. any others??

penguinande 12-05-2012 05:02 PM

The one size version of Swaddlebees Simplex has front tabs.

lakemama 12-05-2012 07:21 PM

BG Elementals (organic cotton) and Freetimes (stay dry micro) work awesome for me. I've had Swaddlebees too that worked great as well. They're birdseye cotton, which I didn't like as much though, a bit stiff.

Bentley'sMomma 12-05-2012 07:48 PM

Swaddlebees simplex OS

cdeweese 12-05-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryaya (Post 16010041)
Ooo I really like the swaddlebees just had a look. BUT... I hate side tabs! :( ... is there another diaper similar to this with front button or aplix?? Just realized Tots bots looks like one.. any others??

The One Size Simplex has front snaps, a pocket opening and you can leave the tongue out for fleece stay dry :)

Mandan914 12-07-2012 03:09 PM

I think AIOs are a pain.. they take forever to dry and half the time dont absorb enough.. Thats why I love AI2 diapers bc its the best of both worlds, you get an optional pocket for stuffing overnights or naps if a HW or for simplicity for grandma/ dad or sitter.. and during the day you can just snap in a soaker and change it out as needed keeping the cover as long as its clean. IME DH finds the AI2 snaping in soaker easier bc then you just change the soaker as needed vs trying to figure out if the pocket soaker is wet or not.. lol

QHoneyB 12-09-2012 02:22 AM

I usually prefer AI2s, but I love thr Swaddlebees Simplex OS AIO. It dries as fast as my prefolds! I have half a dozen and use them for nights for my almost 12 week old. When she gets older I can stuff extra in the pocket if she needs more absorbency. For now they last 12 hours, no problem.