Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Back pain related to constipation? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469846)

ardeur 12-05-2012 03:09 PM

Back pain related to constipation?

Has anyone experienced really bad lower back pain from constipation? Mine is in the lower center of my back, and my muscles are seizing up terribly when I bend or sit. I'm wondering if these two things are related. I normally don't have problems with constipation, but it looks like I need to be extra careful about it for this pregnancy.

keen1981 12-05-2012 03:11 PM

Yes!!! I do. All the time!!

amb2j 12-20-2012 07:21 AM

Re: Back pain related to constipation?

Bumping this up b/c I have been dealing with this lately :-( I didnt have constipation at all with DS, but its been a nightmare this pregnancy (especially lately). I always have eaten a high fiber diet, drank TONS of water etc and am still having difficulties. Ive started drinking prune juice regularly and even taking Metamucil regularly but NOTHING seems to touch this constipation :-(!! It mainly feels like back pain and makes my abdomen feel even heavier than it normally does (which just makes me feel that much more tired/achy/irritable) :-(!

Any suggestions on how to deal with this???

samham 12-20-2012 08:46 AM

With DS1 I did colace daily, even 2xs a day most the time. This pregnancy, OB educator says a glass of prune juice followed by glass coffee. But not to leave house til you go. She said she wouldn't add extra fiber til you can get normal or it will just make you more gassy and bloated. I haven't had to use it but I've heard it works well.

amb2j 12-20-2012 09:47 AM

Re: Back pain related to constipation?

Quote:

colace daily, even 2xs a day most the time
Really??? Ill have to look into this! How many tabs? One tab 1-2x/day or did you use more?

Quote:

a glass of prune juice followed by glass coffee
This sounds logical and easy enough. Is this once a day in the morning?

Quote:

she wouldn't add extra fiber til you can get normal or it will just make you more gassy and bloated.
THIS EXACTLY!! Ive been eating a BIG salad everyday for lunch and adding apple slices to snacks (in addition to the Metamucil) and have been feeling WORSE!

samham 12-20-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amb2j (Post 16064200)
Really??? Ill have to look into this! How many tabs? One tab 1-2x/day or did you use more?

This sounds logical and easy enough. Is this once a day in the morning?

THIS EXACTLY!! Ive been eating a BIG salad everyday for lunch and adding apple slices to snacks (in addition to the Metamucil) and have been feeling WORSE!

I used one tablet of colace twice a day. One in morning and one when I took prenatal.
She said for coffee and prune juice cocktail just to stay home til it happens so I'm guessing whenever you have time.