Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nursing my 11 month old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469907)

LaughingPeaMama 12-05-2012 06:33 PM

Nursing my 11 month old

Ds is 11 months today and he's currently dream nursing. I can't believe we made it this far! I finally just accepted that he would have to have formula once I started working and it was ok. I pump what I can and nurse him when we are together. He loves his mommy time and snuggles his face between my breasts when he is sleepy and needs to nurse. It had been a struggle but it has been a rewarding one. I don't have plans to wean but the law only covers me pumping at work till 12 months so ill continue as long as I have enough milk to make him happy!

Teexie 12-06-2012 03:55 AM

Congrats mama!

l_Kimmie_l 12-06-2012 07:48 AM

Re: Nursing my 11 month old

Great job and I hope you both make it as long as you want.

abunchoflemons 12-06-2012 08:08 AM

Congratulations.I made it fourteen months then got pregnant and it went down from there. hugs.

swrlgrl105 12-06-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama (Post 16010440)
Ds is 11 months today and he's currently dream nursing. I can't believe we made it this far! I finally just accepted that he would have to have formula once I started working and it was ok. I pump what I can and nurse him when we are together. He loves his mommy time and snuggles his face between my breasts when he is sleepy and needs to nurse. It had been a struggle but it has been a rewarding one. I don't have plans to wean but the law only covers me pumping at work till 12 months so ill continue as long as I have enough milk to make him happy!

oh mama that stinks your state only covers 12 months :( I live in maine and we cover up to 3 years from birth

l_Kimmie_l 12-06-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 (Post 16012306)
oh mama that stinks your state only covers 12 months :( I live in maine and we cover up to 3 years from birth

I had no idea!!! I am in Maine too. My employer never allowed me to pump enough. I also had no place to store my milk. I ended up drying up after only 4 months.

swrlgrl105 12-06-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 16012329)
I had no idea!!! I am in Maine too. My employer never allowed me to pump enough. I also had no place to store my milk. I ended up drying up after only 4 months.

I had no idea either until I started working in the HR department of my work. When we revised the handbook, they added that in.

The actual law is:

In accordance to Maine State Law, LD 373, an employer must provide adequate unpaid break time each day (and/or allows the use of paid break time or meal time), for a mother to express breast milk for her nursing child for up to three (3) years following childbirth. An employer must make reasonable efforts to provide a clean and private location, other than a bathroom, for such purposes, and may not discriminate in any way against an employee who chooses to express breast milk in the workplace.

l_Kimmie_l 12-06-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 (Post 16012354)
I had no idea either until I started working in the HR department of my work. When we revised the handbook, they added that in.

The actual law is:

In accordance to Maine State Law, LD 373, an employer must provide adequate unpaid break time each day (and/or allows the use of paid break time or meal time), for a mother to express breast milk for her nursing child for up to three (3) years following childbirth. An employer must make reasonable efforts to provide a clean and private location, other than a bathroom, for such purposes, and may not discriminate in any way against an employee who chooses to express breast milk in the workplace.

Wow - go Maine!!!

cyanotype 12-06-2012 01:21 PM

Congrats!!!!!

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes. :mrgreen:

Teexie 12-06-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 16012414)
Wow - go Maine!!!

Agreed...that is awesome!!