Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   C-Section Roll...nuff said! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469934)

cowangel 12-05-2012 07:41 PM

C-Section Roll...nuff said!

If you have that dreaded C-section roll - how have you gotten rid of it if you did? I'm not expecting #5 and I feel as if it has slowly grown and I've not had much luck at getting it to shrink much...so I'm open to suggestions as to what to try during pregnancy and afterwards :).

raisingcropsandbabies 12-06-2012 03:05 AM

Re: C-Section Roll...nuff said!

haha. I have 4 kiddos (3 via c/s) and am TRYING to get rid of the roll... I have heard it's better to do pelvic tilts and crunches at the same time and the sit ups where you cross your midline so I focus on those two. I was never able to workout at full pace before getting pregnant again, but baby girl is 1 yr old now and we are preventing and so I hope I'll have enough time to see if it'll help!

joeslittlewoman 12-06-2012 06:53 AM

If you are talking about the scar overhang, I wasn't successful after my 2nd, but I was working on it (and it got fairly small where it almost looked like just skin). I didn't feel like I could do ab workouts for forever. Some movements I literally couldn't get my abs to even try and some felt like I was going to hurt/rip myself. I slowly worked myself up and a little after a year PP I could do most of the exercises I was used to doing pre-baby. I still had a small overhang and saggy skin, but I was hopeful that once I burned off a little more fat my skin would pull back in and so would the overhang. Just didn't get there before another pregnancy. Most stuff I read said surgery is the only thing that fixes it, but I won't believe that until I've done everything I can. My only concern is my right side has thick scar tissue underneath along my incision. I'm afraid ill get my tummy tight, then have a nearly penis-sized horizontal bump on one side, lol. I wonder if that can be removed if I have another csection.

cowangel 12-06-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman (Post 16011876)
If you are talking about the scar overhang, I wasn't successful after my 2nd, but I was working on it (and it got fairly small where it almost looked like just skin). I didn't feel like I could do ab workouts for forever. Some movements I literally couldn't get my abs to even try and some felt like I was going to hurt/rip myself. I slowly worked myself up and a little after a year PP I could do most of the exercises I was used to doing pre-baby. I still had a small overhang and saggy skin, but I was hopeful that once I burned off a little more fat my skin would pull back in and so would the overhang. Just didn't get there before another pregnancy. Most stuff I read said surgery is the only thing that fixes it, but I won't believe that until I've done everything I can. My only concern is my right side has thick scar tissue underneath along my incision. I'm afraid ill get my tummy tight, then have a nearly penis-sized horizontal bump on one side, lol. I wonder if that can be removed if I have another csection.

HAHA! That last bit had me LOL:giggle2:!

slimy72 12-06-2012 11:50 AM

I am almost 5 years post csection. I am finally seeing some reduction in it. For me it took loosing 30 lbs and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. It's not totally gone but it is greatly reduced.

Van1300 12-06-2012 04:43 PM

If you haven't read up on it, learn how to strengthen your abdominal muscles and get rid of diastasis. http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html

I'm only 4 weeks post c-section number 2 and I have just started to do some of the exercises against the wall, while supporting my belly. I eventually plan to do pilates and yoga. I won't do crunches for a few months yet. Also, strengthening your back can also help strengthen your core, which can help you work on your mid section.

It won't ever be perfect, but it's a work in progress :)

Teddyandnick 12-06-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman

They can remove scar tissue if you do have another c section. My first was closed with staples and my right side had a thick line of scar tissue. My second c section was done by another doctor in the practice and she removed a lot of scar tissue and used dissolving stitches and it is barely noticeable now.

joeslittlewoman 12-06-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddyandnick

They can remove scar tissue if you do have another c section. My first was closed with staples and my right side had a thick line of scar tissue. My second c section was done by another doctor in the practice and she removed a lot of scar tissue and used dissolving stitches and it is barely noticeable now.

I need to talk to my OB about this! I thought I had heard they could remove it. I had dissolving stitches with both mine, but still have that funky bump after the 2nd.

Teddyandnick 12-09-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman

I need to talk to my OB about this! I thought I had heard they could remove it. I had dissolving stitches with both mine, but still have that funky bump after the 2nd.

The dr who did my 2nd c section was a woman who had just had a c section 7 months prior so I think she understood more than the male dr who did my 1st.

slimy72 12-09-2012 05:32 PM

Some more interesting info: http://fit2b.us/2011/10/13/binding-y...y-after-birth/