Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Love my moby but hate the becco (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470009)

Nerissa 12-06-2012 07:12 AM

Love my moby but hate the becco

DD is 12lbs and 12 weeks old. She is the first I have worn. I really like it for walks outside and trips to the grocery store ect. I have few questions.. I really want this to work out.

I have a moby wrap that is great. I put it on before leaving the house and slip her into it. Quick and easy and I am getting faster at it. My only complaint is that after an hour or so it seems to become loose and I have to tighten it again. Is that common or am I doing something wrong?

I also have a becco-- I hate it. The straps dig into my arm pits if I buckle the back part on the straps myself. If I lower those those straps then I have to have my 5 year old buckle and unbuckle it. Am I doing something wrong. I ahve watched the Y-tube vidoes and the DVD that came with it.

Is there a better wrap/carrier that would work as she gets older/heavier

BinahYeteirah 12-06-2012 07:47 AM

Re: Love my moby but hate the becco

Yes, the Moby becoming loose is a common issue. As she gets heavier, this is likely to become more pronounced. Usually stretchy wraps are best for smaller babies. If you like the wrap, you could get a woven wrap. They don't stretch out and the knots don't generally slip if they're tied tightly. I can't recommend a specific brand; the one I have is a WAHM tester. I do know some of the nicer woven wraps can be super expensive, so if you're on a budget, you could even use a simple length of cloth. Google would probably be useful for measurement recommendations and other instructions.

I know nothing about the Becco, so I definitely can't help you there.

:)

BlessedMommy4 12-22-2012 11:16 PM

I have to retighten my Moby, but it isn't that big of an issue for me. Ds is 18 lbs and we both are still comfortable. I think I will look into a woven wrap for when he gets heavier. I've tried a lot of carriers and wraps feel the most natural to me.

Funny you say that about the becco...I have to have my 10 yr old dd buckle and unbuckle my Ergo.

snoggle 12-23-2012 12:01 AM

Check out thebabywearer website for ideas and information. There are TONS of woven wraps to choose from - some are better for beginners than others. Some are better for little babies and others are better for toddlers. A lot of this depends on whether it is all cotton, linen, wool, silk, etc., as well as how thick it is and what size you buy. After lots of research, I've gotten a Vatanai Orkney wrap, that I found used on thebabywearer FSOT, to get started. It is apparently pretty beginner friendly.

ajbailey89 12-24-2012 04:11 PM

If you like wrapping, sell the Beco and get a woven wrap.

Frogmama 12-30-2012 11:38 PM

If you lik ethe moby but don;t like it getting loose check out the Boba wrap it has 5% lycra so you just tie it tight then stretch it out to pop baby in and out? which beco do you have? If you like the wrap, you should like the Gemini as you can criscross the straps behind your back in a similar way in a front carry...

Ecdyses 01-03-2013 02:14 AM

SSC (soft structured carriers like the Beco) fits are like jeans, what works on one body shape may not work on another. Do you have a nearby babywearing group where you could try some other brands of SSCs (ergo, Boba, kinderpack O&A, dream carrier, angelpack, bamberoo, kanga, and there are a few others) and see what works? They all vary in padding, waist shape, strap angle, etc and so can feel very different.

If you love the Moby definitely try a woven wrap. They won't sag like a Moby and can also be used for back carries (not safe in a stretchy wrap) as babe gets bigger. Dolcino, Storchenwienge, Vatanai, and Hoppediz are all good all cotton newborn to toddler wraps.