Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   to circ or not to circ (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470011)

mammacandoit 12-06-2012 06:24 AM

to circ or not to circ

Having a home birth...and it's really hard to find a doctor in northern michigan who will perform a circ. My first son had been by a mohel who came to our house when we lived elsewhere. He used a mogel clamp. It was fast and easy without any problems. The thing is that most of the doctors who actually WILL perform a circ within a 300 mile radius from me only use the plastibell method. Yeah..it's like a torture device. No thanks. So if we circ we'll have to travel. Husband and son are already, so would it be weird to choose not to if we have a boy this time? Have you had experience with the plastibell method? Good or bad?

Joyful Tie Dyes 12-06-2012 06:33 AM

Re: to circ or not to circ

Not weird at all! I know plenty of families where the older child is circed and the younger ones are not.

Please if you choose circ do not allow the plastibell method.

kushie tushie 12-06-2012 06:36 AM

Not weird. There are a lot of mamas on here that have older boys that are but younger boys that are not.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

s@hmommy 12-06-2012 07:24 AM

I am completely fine with circ, but if my only option was plastibell I would not do it.

Tina5834 12-06-2012 07:48 AM

My oldest son is circ'd my youngest 2 aren't. Any future boys won't be either. Totally not weird and they have never ever asked why their penis looks different! They use to shower with DH when they were toddlers and it never came up. It's just not a big deal.

mommycass 12-06-2012 07:53 AM

My DH and DS are circed but my boy due in Feb will not be. Just do what your family is most comfortable with and be well informed of your decision:)

zandj 12-06-2012 08:12 AM

we only have one little boy but DH is circumcised and DS is not. He is just about to turn 5, still bathes exclusively with his dad unless he has a bath and it has never once come up. In fact, once when he first learned he could retract he told me 'mama, I love my foreskin' :giggle: doesn't seem to have any issues with it! ;)

Kiliki 12-06-2012 08:23 AM

We are having our second boy in March and we will be leaving him intact, despite the fact that his older brother and his dad are circ'd.

It's probably not gonna be a big deal. Actually, my kids were pretty appalled when I told them what circ was and that we'd done it to ODS. THEY begged me not to circ the baby! LOL. So I am not much worried about them feeling weird about it.

mammacandoit 12-06-2012 08:27 AM

Has anyone done the plastibell method?

Tina5834 12-06-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammacandoit
Has anyone done the plastibell method?

I had a friend get that done with her son. He had to be hospitalized because he had E. coli in his blood. They didn't clean him before applying the plastibell and poop was stuck under it or something along that line. That plastibell is horrible!