Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone get the 'clunk' or 'pop' in the pelvis? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470012)

mammacandoit 12-06-2012 07:41 AM

Anyone get the 'clunk' or 'pop' in the pelvis?

This is my 4th pregnancy. my 2nd I had a 'clunk' in my pelvis and I was BAM in labor. This morning I felt a clunky POP in my pelvis and now it stings/hurts to walk. I'm not in labor though.
Is it ligaments and cervical stretching, baby dropping, pre-labor? My vag stings a bit on one side, deep inside too. Any thoughts?

leyash 12-06-2012 08:01 AM

Re: Anyone get the 'clunk' or 'pop' in the pelvis?

Sounds like baby putting pressure on your cervix. :(

geez0pete 12-06-2012 08:17 AM

This is what I had during my pregnancy with my twins (my 3rd pregnancy). Sometimes that pop would bring me to my knees.:

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnanc...sfunction.aspx

Kiliki 12-06-2012 09:17 AM

how far along are you?

I have crappy pelvic joints, thanks to lousy genes.

So when I get pregnant, and when I start to get bigger, around 3rd trimester, I'm a-poppin' and a-clickin' all over the place from my pelvis.

For me, it's the joints trying to bear the added weight. Esp the pubic symphysis (did I spell that right?), it is right in the center of your pubic bone, and when that puppy POPS, look out!!! Owwwwieeeee! I've had that happen a few times towards the end of each pregnancy.

I think the pop you are describing leading to your labor before was likely a high break in your bag of waters. I say that b/c that is how my first labor started. The leak was so slow, there was no gushing at all, and my labor started afterward. But there was definitely a very very very DISTINCT "POP!"

mammacandoit 12-06-2012 09:23 AM

I'm 38w2d. It was more of a clunk before like it was the baby clunking into my pelvis...I wonder about the waters....I didn't leak at all though.
This time it was more of a pop then clunk. the center of my pubic bone has been hurting like CRAZY, but it didn't feel like that's where it was. I felt like it was more baby?
I'd love to hear more experiences!

Kiliki 12-06-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammacandoit (Post 16012160)
I'm 38w2d. It was more of a clunk before like it was the baby clunking into my pelvis...I wonder about the waters....I didn't leak at all though.
This time it was more of a pop then clunk. the center of my pubic bone has been hurting like CRAZY, but it didn't feel like that's where it was. I felt like it was more baby?
I'd love to hear more experiences!

My waters didn't leak either. :) But I had a high slow leak. So slow in fact, that I had no idea it was there. :)

center of pubic bone = pubic symphysis. That's right where it is! I'd bet that's what you're feeling. It is pretty uncomfortable/painful. Hope you get some relief!!! :goodvibes:

Christylkeller 12-06-2012 10:14 AM

I would also say that it is your pubic symphasis! You are lucky to just be getting that pain at the end of your pregnancy. Each of my pregnancies my pain and clicking/popping starts earlier and earlier and it is very painful. Especially to walk or roll over in bed. Maybe for you it means that the baby has dropped well into the pelvis now and labor is just around the corner. Are you using a pregnancy support belt? That will help some with the pain and also ice. Best wishes momma that this is short lived for you!

mammacandoit 12-06-2012 10:22 AM

Turns out my water broke! Here I am sitting here without labor contractions...a bit more pressure and SPLASH....there it was. lol. :) heading out for a walk and a baby will be on it's way shortly! :)

Dancy Baby 12-06-2012 10:23 AM

Oh good luck! I was sitting on the couch and heard a "pop" when my water broke :)

evasimone 12-06-2012 01:13 PM

Good luck to you!!!