Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   nursing bras?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470019)

Scarlett's mommy 12-06-2012 07:59 AM

nursing bras??

How do you know what size you need? I plugged my measurements into a couple of size calculators and one says I'm a 48DD and the other says a 44F :headscratch: I hate bra shopping it sucks lol

Harmony96 12-06-2012 09:29 AM

Re: nursing bras??

And then matters are even more complicated when two "same-size" bras from the same company fit drastically different.

knodceo 12-06-2012 09:33 AM

So you measured? Each company is different. I am a 36dd soma and a 40e hotmilk...go figure! I just remeasured because I will not be nursing much longer and want the hotmilk regular bras...it says I'm a 38d...who knows..even professionals measuring me get different numbers. Sorry!

If you can afford to purchase one in each size I would and see what you think.

abunchoflemons 12-06-2012 09:41 AM

Probably xl in medulla for me thenlargein mother good maternity.I think vs has some now and I have been range size in ask need from them

mamaspice 12-06-2012 11:44 AM

If you have a Nordstrom's nearby, they are the best for bra sizing. Their bras are expensive, but good quality. They carry a few good brands but not a huge selection for nursing bras. Free shipping both ways if you need to return anything.

For online, Breakout Bras can't be beat for prices, selection and customer service. They have great sizing instructions plus the site owner writes little notes on almost every product page about how the sizing runs and who the bra is good for. You can also live chat with cs if you have questions. No fuss returns also, although you will have to pay return shipping. I ordered a few sizes and sent back what didn't work. They have a huge selection and always have a 10% off code right on the page, plus free shipping over a certain amount I think.

Motherhood Maternity has salespeople who are somewhat knowledgeable and more affordable bras, but I couldn't find a comfortable bra in my size there.

If you are trying on in store, remember that the most common mistake is to get too big of a band and too small of cups. The band should go straight across your back, not be pulled up bu the straps. You should not be spilling out of the top of thr cups. The bad should fit snug on the biggest setting because bras stretch over time and you want to be able to adjust for that.

If you go down a size in the band, you need to go up in the cup for an equivalent cup size.

PurpleDaffodil 12-06-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knodceo (Post 16012198)
So you measured? Each company is different. I am a 36dd soma and a 40e hotmilk...go figure! I just remeasured because I will not be nursing much longer and want the hotmilk regular bras...it says I'm a 38d...who knows..even professionals measuring me get different numbers. Sorry!

If you can afford to purchase one in each size I would and see what you think.

Hot momma's are UK sizing thats why it would be different.

I found breakout bras very helpful in their sizing, they have a whole page dedicated to it and you can ask them questions.

Zanocz 12-16-2012 01:37 PM

I went to the mothhers boutique at my hospital and they measured me! Remember your size will change/ fluctuate once your milk is in and regulates to your babies needs