Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gymnastic Nurser (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470029)

l_Kimmie_l 12-06-2012 07:44 AM

Gymnastic Nurser

Anyone else have a gymnist? Nursing session have gotten crazy unless he is sleepy and even then he flips and flops. He literally will nurse upside down, sitting side ways, on his tummy, and even with his body contorted. I do not remember this much movement with my last 2 at 8 months old.

c&w's mama 12-06-2012 12:34 PM

Re: Gymnastic Nurser

LOL. totally.

DD used to focus and be on her way. DS wants milk but to also grab toys, the phone, twist, stand, and do somersaults. I make him detach and start over when he slides to standing and tries to climb back up in one fluid motion.

mariamommy 12-06-2012 01:49 PM

yes! Its a work out some days!

Miss squish 12-06-2012 05:50 PM

Since crawling started. We nurse on the floor so there's more room for wiggling twisting and turning. Today his fave was happy baby pose. :lostit:

2DaneMama 12-07-2012 03:16 AM

Yes. I tell my DD "mama doesn't nurse gymnasts," unlatch her, and let her take a break. Too many accidental bites with those new teeth of hers to let little miss gymnast nurse. ;)

qsefthuko 12-07-2012 03:48 AM

Oh yeah. My youngest has scraped his teeth on me so much lately I am currently very sore. For some reason he likes his butt in my face. He also likes to try sitting upright while nursing. He lunges desperately for me and his teeth scrape. He pulls and twists trying to see whatever is going on in the room and nurse at the same time. He love to try putting his feet on my head or neck while twisting his body outward pulling me with him. Did I mention how sore I am? Nursing has never been this painful.

l_Kimmie_l 12-07-2012 07:46 AM

Right now he has his head down, feet up and is twisting. I feel your pain ladies. We also got 2 new teeth.

LaughingPeaMama 12-08-2012 04:15 PM

Omg sometimes it's funny as can be to experience but sometimes I just want to say hurry up and eat kid so we can both go to bed! He's always hooked his top leg up on my arm when I cradle hold him and nurse. It's like he has to have his toes touching my arm or he can't nurse

Computermama 12-08-2012 04:42 PM

I sometimes feel like I need three hands to nurse mine. One to corral little fingers from pinching, one to keep her from attempting to pull my nipple off, and the other to actually hold her. And this is with a good nursing pillow. She is all over the place.

Celestials 12-08-2012 09:53 PM

Haha... I'm glad it's not just me! My little guy sounds just like yours! I recently bought one of those necklaces from Kelly's closet and that helps a little bit to distract him while in public (I'm sick of flashing everyone due to his gymnastics!). He has recently decided that he hates my glasses, he rips them off my face and throws them if I forget to take them off first.