Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Blood in stool again (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470071)

MandaMommy2 12-06-2012 09:29 AM

My LO had blood in her stool again. I've been dairy free for 12 weeks and I'm trying to go soy free. I noticed that my tuna fish has soy in it. But I only eat it twice a week. Although last time the doctor tested her stool it was blood free and I had eaten tuna the day before so I'm not convinced that its soy causing the blood. The Ped also suggested last time that I cut out corn to but I hardly ever eat it anyway because I have a problem with it. Does anyone else have experience with this? What else might be causing this reaction. She's also been having a lot of green poops. I'm just getting down about the whole thing. I just keep trying after months of trush, blisters, gerd, milk allergy, slowing weight gain and now this again. I'm afraid that the Ped is going to suggest formula again. I hope not. There has to be a way to fix this. Thanks.

l_Kimmie_l 12-06-2012 09:38 AM

Re: Blood in stool again

Have you cut out all whey and caesin? Including hidden forms of dairy like in margerine, breads, etc? I had to cut it all out and read lables to keep my son from having a reaction.

MandaMommy2 12-06-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
Have you cut out all whey and caesin? Including hidden forms of dairy like in margerine, breads, etc? I had to cut it all out and read lables to keep my son from having a reaction.

Yes I have. I also don't eat out anywhere because I just can't risk it. Yesterday though I ate a cashew Lara bar that said it was dairy,soy & gluten free but it was processed on equipment that makes other things with milk. The only margarine I have is the dairy free soy free earth balance but I only use it for baking. I don't even eat bread anymore because I haven't had time to make my own. I just don't get it.

l_Kimmie_l 12-06-2012 10:07 AM

I had issues with my 3rd son like this with my 3rd son. I had to go gluten free and soy free too. I honestly never figured out what it was and he can eat all these foods now. It is not easy to figure out. Maybe try gluten and see if that helps. It took the blood out of his stool. The excema did not go away till he out grew the citric acid allergy.

mibarra 12-06-2012 02:26 PM

I would try cutting the top allergens: diary, soy, eggs... there's two more I think. If you google top 5 food allergies. Oh, peanuts... I think wheat is the other?

MandaMommy2 12-06-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra
I would try cutting the top allergens: diary, soy, eggs... there's two more I think. If you google top 5 food allergies. Oh, peanuts... I think wheat is the other?

Ped told me this afternoon absolutely no soy and I might need to cut out beef too because LO dairy allergy is so severe. I really don't want to give up eggs but I will if I have to. I guess not eating wheat or peanuts wouldn't be that bad either. There's a ton of other nuts to eat and there's a ton of gluten free products in the market. I haven't been eating bread anyway because everything has milk and soy in it. I wonder how long I'll have to keep my diet this strict for. LO is only 3 months but I would do anything for her. I wish I had been more educated and had all this support when I was trying to breastfeed my son. He was allergic to milk and soy to but he wasn't gaining well so the Ped had me switch him to special formula.
But that was 6 years ago and I was young and didn't know any better.

l_Kimmie_l 12-07-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 (Post 16014988)
Ped told me this afternoon absolutely no soy and I might need to cut out beef too because LO dairy allergy is so severe. I really don't want to give up eggs but I will if I have to. I guess not eating wheat or peanuts wouldn't be that bad either. There's a ton of other nuts to eat and there's a ton of gluten free products in the market. I haven't been eating bread anyway because everything has milk and soy in it. I wonder how long I'll have to keep my diet this strict for. LO is only 3 months but I would do anything for her. I wish I had been more educated and had all this support when I was trying to breastfeed my son. He was allergic to milk and soy to but he wasn't gaining well so the Ped had me switch him to special formula.
But that was 6 years ago and I was young and didn't know any better.

You are doing great. I cut out all those foods too and did it for as long as I nursed. It was worth it and I was so healthy too. You are a great mom to do what you did for your oldest. It is better to have a happy, healthy baby than anything else. Now you are going to do the same for this LO, just in a different way.

Alaga 12-07-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

You are doing great. I cut out all those foods too and did it for as long as I nursed. It was worth it and I was so healthy too. You are a great mom to do what you did for your oldest. It is better to have a happy, healthy baby than anything else. Now you are going to do the same for this LO, just in a different way.

I agree! You are doing a great job, just hang in there!! I've only have to cut dairy out of my diet while nursing my LO's, and that is hard enough. :hugs: and support to you and hopefully you'll figure this out soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum