Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Are there any boy pants whose knees DON'T get holes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470130)

mama_to_DJM 12-06-2012 12:07 PM

Are there any boy pants whose knees DON'T get holes?

I am so frustrated trying to find pants whose knees don't wear out quickly! My boys are 6 and 8, and it's the 8 year old especially who wears out his pants.

I thought I had found a good option- "Iron Knees" pants from Land's End. They cost a bit more than I normally spend on his pants, but I was willing to get them if they would last. Well, after maybe 3 months of occasional use, they have holes too. :banghead: I know I can return them for my money back, I just don't know what to get in its place??

Thanks for any suggestions you have!

Gerdgrid 12-06-2012 12:26 PM

Re: Are there any boy pants whose knees DON'T get holes?

Hanna Andersson makes a variety of double knee'ed pants. We've yet to get a hole in those. I usually get them for $15-20 at the outlet, occasionally as low as $10.

tallanvor 12-06-2012 12:41 PM

I don't know. I really don't have a problem with my son wearing his jeans out real quick. It's my oldest daughter that seems to always get holes in her jeans.

I have found Old Navy to be the worst for getting holes, though.

s@hmommy 12-06-2012 12:43 PM

I have had good luck with osh kosh. My ds is only two though, so I don't know how rough they are on clothes compared to one another.

SaraElise 12-06-2012 01:18 PM

Oshkosh is the only brand so far that has lasted through my 2 boys before they get holes in them. They are 13 months and 1 size apart, so it's important to me that they last 2 seasons.

Every other brand I have tried (Carter's, Old Navy, Jumping Beans, Children's Place, Target) has holes within 3 months, Oshkosh always makes it to the end of the second season.

My boys are 4 and 5

iris0110 12-06-2012 01:28 PM

Nothing can withstand Tharen. Levi's 501 or Red Tab sometimes manage to last several months which is pretty good (he can often go through the knees in one day). I don't know exactly what he is doing to his pants, it is like he just shreds them. Kearnan never wears out his pants unless he just wears them so long that I wash them to death (he has some short he has been wearing for 3 years and they finally died). I'm making him wear shorts all winter this year. It doesn't really get cold here and he needs to wear shorts for derby anyway.

Heather8183 12-06-2012 01:34 PM

Someone once told me to buy the iron on patches and put them inside the knees of little boys' pants BEFORE they wear them as a preventative. :)

mariamommy 12-06-2012 01:38 PM

Any clothes from Sears have a kid guarantee, if they get holes, no matter how long you've had them, you can return them for exchange.

mama_to_DJM 12-06-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 16013410)
Any clothes from Sears have a kid guarantee, if they get holes, no matter how long you've had them, you can return them for exchange.

This is what I mostly do! :) We have to head to Sears to return the Land's End pants, so I'll probably just pick up another pair there.

BSWmama 12-06-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 16013410)

I just looked that up because it sounds awesome - seems like they discontinued that guarantee...

http://www.sears.com/kid-vantage/nb-100000000131505

But Land's End and LL Bean offer guarantees.