Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Progesterone cream for lengthening LP? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470148)

Tina5834 12-06-2012 12:45 PM

Progesterone cream for lengthening LP?

I know a few of you have suggested it to help lengthen my LP which is 9-10 days. Anyway, how do I use this? When do I use this?

Tina5834 12-06-2012 06:41 PM

Re: Progesterone cream for lengthening LP?

Any one?

beckstar 12-06-2012 07:10 PM

You would use it starting at 3dpo. I'm not certain how much to use but I do know that you switch spots very few days. Take it until af or a negative test at 14dpo (usually anyways) to be safe.

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum

Tina5834 12-06-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckstar (Post 16014684)
You would use it starting at 3dpo. I'm not certain how much to use but I do know that you switch spots very few days. Take it until af or a negative test at 14dpo (usually anyways) to be safe.

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum

Thank you!

RunawayBunny 12-06-2012 08:14 PM

My friend saw an herbalist who recommended an amount to her. I have no idea how one would find an herbalist though or what their qualifications would be...

katiecornflakes 12-06-2012 09:41 PM

I thought about using this last time but everything I read said that the amount you actually get can vary greatly from brand to brand, despite how much you apply. It's not regulated. I ended up getting it from my OB when I showed her my short LP on my charts. Having issues again with LP myself. 11 days this last month. Grr. I don't want to have to talk my MW into giving me progesterone.

Are you doing vitex? Macs? B6? Red raspberry leaf tea? That's everything I can find to do before progesterone!

Hugs. Short LPs are annoying!!!

Tina5834 12-06-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiecornflakes
I thought about using this last time but everything I read said that the amount you actually get can vary greatly from brand to brand, despite how much you apply. It's not regulated. I ended up getting it from my OB when I showed her my short LP on my charts. Having issues again with LP myself. 11 days this last month. Grr. I don't want to have to talk my MW into giving me progesterone.

Are you doing vitex? Macs? B6? Red raspberry leaf tea? That's everything I can find to do before progesterone!

Hugs. Short LPs are annoying!!!

I'm not doing anything right now. Point me in the right direction please. I'm totally clueless.

katiecornflakes 12-07-2012 06:49 AM

:) So I'm not sure which of these things is really best. I did them all when we were TTCing DD and it did help my LP. I take Vitex - 500mg once a day (although I just saw on the bottle it says twice a day, whoops, so I'm going to start that today if I can remember), 1000mg of Maca. I've been doing that for the last couple of months. This cycle I'm starting 100mg of B6 (forgot about that one!) and 3 cups of RRL tea. Phew! I think the Maca and Vitex probably have the best data behind them but the B6 and RRL can't hurt. I think most people start with Vitex and see if it helps.