Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   need fit help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470199)

cdbmama 12-06-2012 03:06 PM

need fit help

After being on this site for a few days i realized I don't know what I am doing. I bought this tots bots easy fit and saleswomen said that even thou my DS is 30 lbs, it should be fine. Well it seems tight to me and he gets red from edges. I took these pics of him in it (hard to get him to keep still) and wondered if anyone could tell me it it looked good or too small. TIA.

Pixi6s 12-06-2012 03:56 PM

Re: need fit help

looks pretty tight to me, def no growing room - so whats the point! How old is DS?

Tina5834 12-06-2012 03:58 PM

It looks too small.

sisu 12-06-2012 04:06 PM

I think it's probably too small, especially if he's getting red marks. Sorry. :(

It might fit another kid that's the same size as your son but built differently - you can't always tell by the weight ranges on diapers, sometimes it takes trial and error to find a brand that works for your specific kid.

bigmamakelsey 12-06-2012 04:08 PM

It looks too small to me. If it's on the largest and still leaving red marks, I'd say you should try to find a different diaper. At 30lbs, I'd look for a large or XL diaper instead of a one size because most don't fit past 30lbs IMO.

cdbmama 12-06-2012 04:10 PM

yeah, that is what I thought. DS is 19 mos. I am PO'ed at the sales person, spent $24 on it. But I am pg, so it is not a total loss. I am super overwhelming at all the CD choices , so the tots bots were a stab in the dark (heard they were good) *sigh*. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle (

m&m&m 12-06-2012 04:17 PM

yeah the ranges are just that "ranges" since you can have a 20lb chunky 4 month old and a 20lb skinny 18 month old, kwim? :)

McDMom 12-06-2012 05:17 PM

All my kids are big (past 30 lbs before they are 2 and tall). Sized diapers always work best for us in the toddler years. Simplex and Basix in large are a go to diaper for DD2, as are Charlie Banana in Large (if you like pockets).
Try sized for the toddler. If Easyfits are outgrown, most OS will be too (with a few exceptions).

LaurelBelle 12-06-2012 05:28 PM

Not to be spammy, but I have a large simplex v1 that I've been meaning to sell. PM me if you're interested. Blue summer print. Never really fit my boys since they are skinny and PL'd before it really fit them, so it's in great condition. I bet it would work for you.

cdbmama 12-06-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurelBelle (Post 16014339)
Not to be spammy, but I have a large simplex v1 that I've been meaning to sell. PM me if you're interested. Blue summer print. Never really fit my boys since they are skinny and PL'd before it really fit them, so it's in great condition. I bet it would work for you.

actually, I appreciate you telling me b/c i am totally clueless on how to find a "large" cloth diap. my DS is actually skinny too--95%ile for height and around 80%ile for weight, but he is a little thick. i cannot PM since I am a newbie, but I have a paypal account and i would be interested in seeing pics. can you PM me?