Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   need advice ... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470318)

Ashsmama 12-07-2012 01:27 AM

need advice ...

I'm not sure if my question belongs here but I wasn't sure where it goes.
Anyways, here is my question
Is having two previous cesarean's considered a high risk pregnancy?
I am currently not pregnant but I'm trying to do some research before TTC.
I really do not want to have another csection.
There is a wonderful birthing center that I would love to go to but while looking through their website they mentioned they don't take high risk pregnancies.
They gave a list of factors that are classifieds as high risk, such as GD and high blood pressure but did not state csections .
But, I'm still curious if my two previous csections are considered high risk.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Sarah-B 12-07-2012 01:39 AM

I would think it would be but definitely worth calling to find out but if they didn't list it it probably isn't considered high risk.

So awesome of you wanting to do a vbac :)

Ashsmama 12-07-2012 02:01 AM

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to stop by their office tomorrow and ask for information!
I DEFINITELY want a vbac!
My second csection was a failed vbac :-/ I was so close to avoiding a csection but my babe ended up with the cord wrapped around his neck.

Pampered Mama 12-07-2012 04:32 AM

Re: need advice ...

I think it really depends where you are at- here, I see an ob/midwife practice that does VBA2C, and you are not high risk- they told me that the number of c/s does not really make you high risk unless something is out of the ordinary- like you end up with previa, or something else that you are at higher risk for because of the c/s.

qsefthuko 12-07-2012 04:42 AM

Depends on the area and the doctor or midwife. The doctors in my area consider you high risk if you have had even one c-section. I have heard some birthing centers will not do vbacs, others will.

Sarahknavy 12-07-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko
Depends on the area and the doctor or midwife. The doctors in my area consider you high risk if you have had even one c-section. I have heard some birthing centers will not do vbacs, others will.

Yep to this. My pregnancy is labeled "high risk" by my dr.

Sarahknavy 12-07-2012 10:42 AM

I would look at the iCAN website for your area's VBAC friendly locations and see if midwives accept VBAC by law. In wa, midwives can't Attend VBAC and I am having to bypass 3 birthing locations closet to me to go to a hospital that accepts VBAC patients

songbird516 12-07-2012 11:38 AM

Our local birthing center will not support a primary VBAC; they just don't feel like they have enough experience with them, and the climate here is not awesome for VBAC, so if there were any issues it could really create a backlash. you'll have to ask what their policy is.

Ashsmama 12-07-2012 03:51 PM

Thank you everyone for your responses!
Unfortunately, There are not very many midwives/birthing centers where I live. But I am still going to the one that we do have to ask questions and maybe they will have some references for me.

CharmedMama 12-07-2012 09:47 PM

I live in Florida, and by law, you can not VBAC in a birthing center. However, you can have a VBAC at home... I think that is a bit silly! Certainly check into your options. And good luck to you!

I had a c-section with my first, a vbac with my second, then back to a c-section with my third. I am currently pregnant with my fourth, and I am dreading the knife. I have been fighting for my VBA2C since I found out I was pregnant, but my options are limited. No one wants to touch me due to the risk and liability! It is just ridiculous... I really hope you get yours!