Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Checking In (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470332)

Belle 12-07-2012 05:44 AM

Checking In

I know that most are on FB, but since I'm not, I thought I'd see how everyone is doing now that we're getting closer. :)

I'm 34w and some change and really wanting to meet this little guy! I can't believe how slowly this last trimester is going, when normally the holidays just fly by.

I have my usual third trimester complaints, but the doctor says I'm doing great -- good BP, measuring right on, no other issues. My next appointment will kick off the weekly appointments. I've told everyone I just want to get through Christmas (and get the decorations put away), and then the baby is MORE than welcome to come out at any time. My hubby wants a tax return baby :P, and I think it would be cool to have a New Year's baby, but since I've never gone early and I'm not due until the 15th, I'm not getting my hopes up.

How are all y'all doing??

apurkeyp 12-08-2012 11:20 AM

I am not in the Facebook group either

I delivered on Sunday, December 2nd via RCS. I went into spontaneous labor that afternoon and by the time they made the decision, I was already 4cm and going fast. Tyler was a big 7lbs 5oz and 20.5 inches long. He did have respiratory distress and was intubated for 3 days. :( He is off all respiratory support now and just learning how to eat. We hope to be home the middle of next week.

I am sad to miss out in those last weeks of pregnancy and even more sad my baby is in the NICU but I am glad this is only a hiccup and we will all be home very soon.

Hope all the rest of the January ladies are doing well!

MotherGoose518 12-08-2012 08:08 PM

Re: Checking In

I will be 35 weeks tomorrow and will probably be induced at the end of 36 weeks, if not just after Christmas. I've been on bedrest for 2.5 weeks for pregnancy induced hypertension, grade 3 placenta, and low amniotic fluid. The bed rest stabalized my BP, and brought my fluid level up to an acceptable level. I got my betamethasone shots right after Thanksgiving and my bags are all packed and in the van, so we're ready to go. We thought we might be delivering between 33 and 34 weeks, but it's looking like we'll make it close to 37 if not all the way to 37! I am having NSTs and fluid checks twice a week, and growth monitoring every 3.

armywife08 12-09-2012 06:12 PM

I'm active on the FB group so i completely forgot about the rest of the group! SORRY! i actually came in here to check on you, Mel, thinking you already delivered. wonderful news she's still baking! Praying for a safe delivery.
I'm 35 weeks today, have had our ups and downs but we are good. now it's just the countdown :)

pridykidz 12-11-2012 05:36 PM

Not on FB group either.
34 week now!! Hoping to make it at least till 37 week so we can have a homebirth. Trying to naturally change the direction of borderline pre-eclampsia :-(
This is baby 6 and our first time with issues like this.
Also dealing with tons of contractions, blah, blah, blah........

Totally at the point in pregnancy when I am ready to just be holding my baby.

american_mommy 12-11-2012 09:08 PM

I'm on the FB group so don't visit here often but glad to see some updates!
I am 34 wks tomorrow and my c-section is scheduled Jan 16, I will be 38 wks 6 days.
Doing ok but having sciatica a lot and my dr told me my iron is low. I feel giant and exhausted. Am sure this little boy will be a big baby!

pridykidz 12-23-2012 12:14 AM

Finally ordered my birth kit today with all the supplies we will need. :thumbsup:

Next Saturday I'll be 37 weeks and can then have this little baby at home. This is our first homebirth and we are very excited!

bwsmommy 12-25-2012 01:09 PM

Im not on the facebook group .. but ive got 15 days until my section unless Parker decides to come early !!

Gianash 12-25-2012 11:44 PM

I'm 11 days away from due date, hoping to make it past 2012 for new insurance benefits in 2013. hubby wont agree to free birth so we'll either pay hospital $4k in 2012 or $250 in 2013. wish me luck

callejon87 12-26-2012 02:04 PM

New to this forum-everyone seems a lot more friendly (and with more common sense haha) than the BabyBump app forum I've been using. Just shy of 36 weeks, due Jan 25 with baby number one. We're very excited! Luckily, I'm feeling great. I have insanely chapped lips and lots of mucous in my throat, but I really can't complain!

http://betterjuntos.blogspot.com