Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   budget Pocket (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470368)

hollyk 12-07-2012 08:48 AM

budget Pocket

I need advice/help on the best pocket diaper for a extremely small budget. I don't like prefolds/covers just could never fit right, I currently have fuzzibunz on loan through diaper program, but would love to get our own to let others in need as well benefit as we have. So for Christmas my little one will get diapers, My sister is buying 6 Kawaii bamboo diapers, have never used but heard they are pretty good. Are there any other that are recommended and inexpensive but don't leak all the time and are not super bulky. I am hoping to buy 6-8 more.

Thanks for the help

ajbailey89 12-07-2012 09:03 AM

Re: budget Pocket

Alvas or Sunbabies.

hollyk 12-07-2012 09:14 AM

I have heard of those, but my question is, I also hear it takes a long time to get order,

GiosMami 12-07-2012 09:40 AM

I got mine in about 3 weeks , they also have a expedited shipping for $15 I believe. I'm actually quite surprised at their quality too ... They are so far working out great , I got the blended inserts... :)

Alikhlas 12-07-2012 09:47 AM

If you order thru the alva site directly, you can tell them that you need the items by a certain date and if its at least 10 ish days away, it should work. Otherwise the standard shipping they do takes about 3 weeks

Diaper Safari 12-07-2012 12:30 PM

Not to self-promote, but we have a limited number of our Diaper Safari One Size Pockets left -- they're $8.95 each and we ship free within a couple days. :thumbsup:

MacMama 12-07-2012 12:34 PM

I have 2 dozen Sunbaby pockets-- mine took about three weeks as well, without expedited shipping. They're cute and have held up well, but are certainly not night-worthy. If you need them quicker, I'm sure you can find some on FSOT

GiosMami 12-08-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacMama
I have 2 dozen Sunbaby pockets-- mine took about three weeks as well, without expedited shipping. They're cute and have held up well, but are certainly not night-worthy. If you need them quicker, I'm sure you can find some on FSOT

Really ? What was the nighttime issue ? They are the only ones I can use at night , I just use 1 blended and 1 doubler and it makes it through til 10am ! Just curious if there is anything I need to look out for since I haven't had them for very long :)

weesej 12-08-2012 09:35 AM

I have some pockets for sale at Hyenacart for $6 each, less if you need a quantity. They are the China dipes, similar to Alva, but the work well for us and have gotten good feedback.

Pixi6s 12-08-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaper Safari (Post 16017082)
Not to self-promote, but we have a limited number of our Diaper Safari One Size Pockets left -- they're $8.95 each and we ship free within a couple days. :thumbsup:

I didn't know you had your own brand! :)