Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   my crazy ER trip (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470439)

momto2princesses 12-07-2012 01:23 PM

my crazy ER trip

Caveat: I am SUPER paranoid about everything this pregnancy (see my siggy if you want to know why). :thumbsup:

So I woke up last night around 2 am feeling totally bloated and with this intense pain on the R side in my pelvis. It kept me up for an hour or so and I eventually drifted off to sleep again, but the pain was still there and maybe a little worse when I got up this morning. I decided I'd better go to the ER (my OB doesn't open until 9 and she doesn't have an ultrasound in her office so I was pretty sure that's what she'd tell me to do anyways).

Long story short...first they thought it was an ectopic (its NOT! YAY!), then they thought I had appendicitis (jury is still out on that, although obviously they thought no since they sent me home....with instructions to stay on a clear liquid diet in case I end up back there later today having my appendix removed).

BUT...the best part is that they did an ultrasound and HCG. Measuring 5w2d (3 days ahead), still too early to see anything but the gestational sac. HCG is up to 2900 from 329 on monday. So happy and relieved. I still don't know what in the world is going on with this pain, but at least its not getting worse.

we should be able to see the baby by the end of next week when I have my next ultrasound!

wmjmama 12-07-2012 01:38 PM

Re: my crazy ER trip

Yay, what a great outcome...well, baby related, at least! I hope you're feeling much better after some rest and liquids at home, too.

Monkeymamaof2 12-07-2012 07:35 PM

We my dear have a lot in common :) I went to the ER today with the same bloating/pain/discomfort and they couldn't find anything. Like you I thought ectopic but when I received my ultra sound results everything was a okay. And I found out I'm 5wks and 2 days, they think its stress and my body adapting to all these new hormones. I have been super nervous as well this pregnancy seeing how I was on birth control when I conceived(long story) we wanted to wait another year but my body had other plans :) I sure hope they are right and its just stress triggering my IBS. My suggestion is try not giving a crap about the little things and let things go, leave your clothes on the floor with everyone else's and relax. (My boyfriend has been helping with this I'm trying lol) And just know your baby is okay and growing. I will be checking on you (if you don't mind) we might be carrying the same sex baby lol I hope you feel better and remember breathe, relax and celebrate not having morning sickness right now!

crunchymamaNY 12-08-2012 06:39 AM

Well I hope it isn't appendicitis! I'm glad your numbers are rising well and you got to see the sack! I'm also 5 weeks and 2 days!

I'm wondering if it could be ligiment pain. I had that in past pregnancies, and it can be a bear if you move just right and the pain can lingure. Perhaps you pulled something. Just rest today, drink the clear liquids just in cast, and hopefully you'll feel better soon. Just watch for fever (a sign of appendicitis)

KCmomma 12-08-2012 08:06 AM

:lostit:Yay on getting to see little beans! I would think it would be round ligament pain unless you have other symptoms- fever/vomiting. Old trick I learned from my favorite ER doctor I worked with- lay flat on your back with your toes pointing to the ceiling. Have your partner hit the arch of your right foot. If it is your appendix you will know and want to kill your partner.

Monkeymamaof2 12-08-2012 10:20 AM

Will do, this has been happening for a few weeks now they ruled out appendicitis before i found out i was actually pregnant. They did tell me i need to have my gallbladder removed in the up coming weeks but thats not the cause of my pain either. However, i know I'm okay and i haven't been so panicky since I found out our little bean Implanted in the correct spot. :) I hope they rule out appendicitis for you as well.

mvp529 12-08-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momto2princesses (Post 16017051)
Caveat: I am SUPER paranoid about everything this pregnancy (see my siggy if you want to know why). :thumbsup:

So I woke up last night around 2 am feeling totally bloated and with this intense pain on the R side in my pelvis. It kept me up for an hour or so and I eventually drifted off to sleep again, but the pain was still there and maybe a little worse when I got up this morning. I decided I'd better go to the ER (my OB doesn't open until 9 and she doesn't have an ultrasound in her office so I was pretty sure that's what she'd tell me to do anyways).

Long story short...first they thought it was an ectopic (its NOT! YAY!), then they thought I had appendicitis (jury is still out on that, although obviously they thought no since they sent me home....with instructions to stay on a clear liquid diet in case I end up back there later today having my appendix removed).

BUT...the best part is that they did an ultrasound and HCG. Measuring 5w2d (3 days ahead), still too early to see anything but the gestational sac. HCG is up to 2900 from 329 on monday. So happy and relieved. I still don't know what in the world is going on with this pain, but at least its not getting worse.

we should be able to see the baby by the end of next week when I have my next ultrasound!

I'm so glad all is well! And at least you got to see your labs increasing!!

momto2princesses 12-08-2012 04:43 PM

well...the pain is pretty much gone now...so whatever it was I guess it wasn't significant. phew!