Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Worried after first appt (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470476)

Airyl 12-07-2012 03:04 PM

Worried after first appt

So I got a bfp the day after Thanksgiving, and went for my first appointment today. Everything was looking good until the sono, and the baby looks about a week behind the dates we came up with (using the date I think I ovulated). My positive test was about a week later than I would have expected, so it could be that my O date was later than I thought. I'm scared that something is wrong and baby has just stopped growing. My dr. is having me come back in two weeks to see if baby is developing.

Any words of encouragement or similar experiences? My husband was with me and is optimisitc, I'm just feeling really worried and feeling like two weeks is forever to find out if my bean is ok. :cry:

amomma 12-07-2012 03:15 PM

Re: Worried after first appt

With both of my girls I went to my 8 week appointments (or what we all thought was 8 weeks....it was 8 weeks after my last period) and they measured at 6 weeks with the ultrasound. (they aren't twins, this happened with both of my pregnancies!) I thought I knew when I ovulated and conceived, so either I was TOTALLY wrong or my beans just grow slow in the beginning :) What is funny is they changed my due date based on the ultrasound, so my new due date was 2 weeks later than we had thought it was. Well, it turns out they each came 2 weeks "early" being born on the first due date I had based on my lmp. Also, with the new due dates, I actually got my blaring bfps on 7 or 8 dpo. It just doesn't make sense. So, I am pretty sure they just grow slow in the beginning :)
Fingers crossed for you mama! Maybe your bean just grows slow in the beginning like my girls did!

Kiliki 12-07-2012 03:28 PM

Was there a healthy heartbeat? That's the biggest battle right there! :goodvibes:

Once you see the heartbeat, the likelihood of losing the baby decreases dramatically.

And then it goes way way down again once you hit 12 wks.

So, hang in there. :)

One week is really not THAT much to be off. You could have just mis-calculated your ovulation date. Or, your baby is developing slightly slower than "average". Or your bean implanted later.

There's any number of things that could have happened, and nearly all of them don't include losing your baby.

:hugs: big hugs to you mama. Try to enjoy this exciting time!!

ETA: most mamas don't even see their babies until the 20 wk anatomy scan. So they wouldn't even know if their babies were on track or not early on in their pregnancies.

Airyl 12-07-2012 03:35 PM

That's the thing - it appears to be so early that there's no heartbeat yet. Just the gestational sack and the beginnings of a yolk sack, no fetal pole yet. I always feel like I can breathe after we hear the heart beat. I've just already been feeling uneasy this pregnancy, and this is not helping.

canadianbakers 12-07-2012 03:50 PM

Being off a week, especially with your BFP being later than expected, would all make sense and things could very well be totally fine.
I can understand the worries, though, especially with not having seen a hb in there. :hugs:

:pray: you'll see a lovely bean snuggled in there at the follow-up scan.

KelseyH 12-07-2012 05:41 PM

Don't worry! My best friend thought she was 9 weeks, went for a dating US, no heartbeat and a sac that was measuring 5-6 weeks. She was so worried until two weeks later when she went for another ultrasound and there was a healthy 8 week baby in there. :) Her ovulation date just didn't match up with what she thought it was. Now I think she's 12 or 13 (?) weeks with a sweet little baby. :)

wordmama 12-07-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Being off a week, especially with your BFP being later than expected, would all make sense and things could very well be totally fine.
I can understand the worries, though, especially with not having seen a hb in there. :hugs:

:pray: you'll see a lovely bean snuggled in there at the follow-up scan.

This. Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ds1997 12-07-2012 06:01 PM

Did you have lab work to see if you were even far enough to see anything? Why go off a maybe ovulation date and not your LMP? Are your cycles regular?

Early ultrasounds are always risky because barring fertility treatments, it is impossible to know when "things" really happened. I am sure everything is fine.

lynn97 12-08-2012 12:00 AM

Since you didn't get your BFP until a week later than expected, you provably just o'd late. I got my BFP the day after you did but am pretty sure in just shy of 5 weeks so my little bean wouldn't have a heartbeat yet either. I hope you get great news in 2 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

trying4more 12-08-2012 12:07 AM

Sounds like your dates could be off, and the u/s is just confirming it!
With my last pregnancy, they measure at my "offical" prenatal intake and I already had about 3 u/s to confirm intrauterine pregnancy, so I was pretty sure on my dates. but the u/s showed a 7wk fetus and I knew I was 8wks. I freaked out, but because my uterus is tilted, the lady had to do some tricks with her wand, they got the appropriate size.