Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Puking my guts out here!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470513)

cowangel 12-07-2012 04:56 PM

Puking my guts out here!!!!

So tired of puking - so hard I'm dry heaving and even puking up water! Makes me so tired and gives my head a constant migraine...ok just needed to whine/vent for a moment...thanks ladies!

PoshPants 12-07-2012 05:02 PM

Re: Puking my guts out here!!!!

Zofran, ask you're doc for it before you end up on a drip

Leaner 12-07-2012 05:56 PM

Try unisom/b6 before zofran. Zofran gave me the worst 3 day migraine I've ever had in my life. The unisom/b6 combo helped me through some really tough times though.

newcdmommy29 12-07-2012 07:15 PM

I second the b6. Zofran gave me major constipation trouble. Only do unisom at night. It was marketed as a morning sickness med before it was a sleep aid.

cowangel 12-08-2012 01:05 PM

Thanks ladies...I won't do Zofran unless it becomes absolutely necessary - gave me horrible constipation that resulted in hemorrhoids last pregnancy for the entire pregnancy YUCK! I've tried Unisom/B6 - even the liquid B6 at night but end up puking it back up :(...going to talk to my doc when I go in this week for my first apt. but based on my past pregnancies there's not much more they can offer me...sigh - thanks for the suggestions and letting me vent :). At least it's a little better today and I've ONLY puked 2X so far...

PoshPants 12-08-2012 01:31 PM

the constipation is due to it slowing gastric motility. it's safe and works, depends on how bad the vomiting is. I had HG and needed that + IV's

MommaLEB 12-08-2012 01:40 PM

You can nip the constipation in the bud by getting on colace and fiber at the same time. It's a hassle to take so many pills, and it comes with it's share of guilt, but it's a lot safer than dehydration/malnutrition.

MrsCrafty 12-08-2012 05:12 PM

Have you tried other anti nausea pills? Phenergan was my magic pill, the only one that helped. Zofran didn't touch my nausea, just made me constipated and have headaches. :hugs:

hilaryisinked 12-08-2012 06:34 PM

Maybe try some over the counter Emetrol first?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Christylkeller 12-08-2012 10:14 PM

If you can't do the unisom/b6 because you are puking it back up, I would try phenergan suppositories. Once you are able to get the vomiting under control, maybe try the unisom/b6. I did the unisom/b6 in this pregnancy along with zofran (unisom at night, zofran in the day) and have to say that I had much more relief with the unisom... all night and well into the morning. The zofran (ODT) did help me just not quite as effectively. And the constipation is the pits. As long as I had 1 cup of coffee (caffeinated) each day, I was okay, but if I skipped that coffee, I was in a world of hurt!