Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   For those of you on progesterone injections.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470568)

3 ladybugs 12-07-2012 09:51 PM

How long were you on them?

I was told a few months ago that my peri wants me not to be weaned off of progesterone like you normally are after a ivf cycle, however I am trying to wrap my head around what that means. I have an appointment on Monday with the ivf nurse but she will just read the doctors notes and that might not be that helpful.

Thank you for your stories!

swrlgrl105 12-10-2012 12:38 PM

Re: For those of you on progesterone injections....

with DS, i was on them from right before the transfer until 12 weeks. I did mine 1x day though in addition to Prometrium vaginally 3x day also until 12 weeks.

3 ladybugs 12-10-2012 04:18 PM

I thought that there were people that were on them for a good portion of their pregnancy to prevent preterm labor. :headscratch: I guess I will find out on the 3rd when I see my peri.

jemanly02 12-10-2012 04:23 PM

I did IVF, I was on the injections from transfer I think until they saw my numbers were rising appropriately. Then I was put on the vaginal suppository and stayed on that until 11 weeks.

carlycurry 12-10-2012 04:32 PM

I'll be starting them at 16 weeks and doing them weekly until something like 37 weeks in order to help prevent preterm labor since my son was a preemie that came at 35 weeks. I guess it's something they do to help (it has a 50% shot of helping supposedly) because if you've gone preterm before they say your chances of going early again are increased and you often times can go even earlier the next time.

SaraElise 12-10-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlycurry (Post 16027652)
I'll be starting them at 16 weeks and doing them weekly until something like 37 weeks in order to help prevent preterm labor since my son was a preemie that came at 35 weeks. I guess it's something they do to help (it has a 50% shot of helping supposedly) because if you've gone preterm before they say your chances of going early again are increased and you often times can go even earlier the next time.

I almost had to do the same thing with pregnancy #3 after #2 was born at 36w 3d. I guess their cut off is 36w 4d to not have to do the shots, they let it slide for me since it was just a days difference.

3 ladybugs 12-10-2012 05:33 PM

Ugg! I am not sure my bum can handle another 8 months of this! I guess it will have to!

I had a FET so typically they would start weaning me at 11 weeks, but because I remember someone saying that I need to be on them longer, they want me to see my Peri to find out how he wants me to proceed.

Thank you for your help!

carlycurry 12-10-2012 06:01 PM

It is optional for me... part of me has debated just NOT getting them... but then I think that if it can help me NOT have a preemie again I think of a healthier baby (not that my son had any issues because luckily he did not) but still, I just think of how much better it is if the baby can "bake" a little longer and how much easier breastfeeding may be in those early days, too!

3 ladybugs 12-10-2012 06:10 PM

I think they would be doing it as a precaution for me (with the cancer history). I had the triplets at 24 weeks, but my son was born at term (38 weeks... planned c-section). My other 2 pregnancies were a late first trimester loss and a chemical pregnancy.

Harmony96 12-10-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs (Post 16027595)
I thought that there were people that were on them for a good portion of their pregnancy to prevent preterm labor. :headscratch: I guess I will find out on the 3rd when I see my peri.

There are the daily IVF progesterone injections that people take until around 12-ish weeks, then there are the weekly progesterone injections that people take from around 16-36 weeks to help prevent preterm labor.