Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Out of these trainers, what would you buy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470633)

hilaryisinked 12-08-2012 06:56 AM

Out of these trainers, what would you buy?

We are local to Diaper Junction. My DD1 (3 in March) went #2 on the potty for the first time yesterday :yay: She has plenty of underwear to wear at home but naps and going out, we need something. Until we get out to buy some I guess I will put a flat in our one Little Beetle trainer we have for nap. We do have a few Pull Ups here but she thinks they are diapers (she wears disposables at night) so I need trainers that don't remind her of cloth diapers either. I'm thinking Flip will be out because we use all BumGenius and Flip but I've never seen them in real life. Maybe they don't look like a diaper. They need to be waterproof. So here is Diaper Junction's selection, which would you buy and how many?

lady longs 12-08-2012 07:49 AM

Re: Out of these trainers, what would you buy?

Can you take her with you and ask her opinion?

Depending on the kid, that could be awesome or a nightmare....

hilaryisinked 12-08-2012 07:52 AM

Yeah we most likely will all go on Monday to get them and I guess I can ask her if she thinks it is a diaper or underwear. I just didn't know if anyone really loved one of those brands over the other.

BeccaSueCongdon 12-08-2012 08:28 AM

I love the Blueberry trainers, but that's primary bc on the adorable prints. :-)

We use normal panties at home, and when we go on a trip I put on two pairs and a pair of plastic Gerber pants. If she wets it is contained long enough for me to change it, and the plastic pants make it uncomfortable to wet in them, I would assume. We also have two car seat "piddle pads" (one made by the manufacturer - so safe with the carseat) as back up.

Depending on how close she is to full potty independence, it might be worth your time to try one of each. They may fit differently, feel different, etc. and sometimes its trial and error to find the right pair.

hilaryisinked 12-08-2012 08:37 AM

Thank you for the input! She's gone 3 times in a row now and we just started last night :yay:

snorris2 12-08-2012 08:42 AM

We really liked the flip trainer. They look a little different from the flip system. We used flip diapers beforehand as well. They are pretty darn waterproof and that's what i loved. For nights, i put two inserts in it and it worked fine. My daughter was able to pull them up and down fine.

We tried the Grovia but they looked like booty shorts on my fuller figured toddler. Lol! Her little butt cheeks hung out. We tried those at night once and it leaked horribly. I may have not prepped it enough. I sold those almost immediately.

We also used the Bububibi trainers when she got more independent. They are made out of bamboo, fairly inexpensive, minky outer, and hold a pretty good-sized accident. Those may be worth looking into as well. I think they were $6 each when i bought them.

hilaryisinked 12-08-2012 09:09 AM

Thank you for the info on the flip trainers! I like the idea of them and super waterproof is great! My DD1 is really skinny and small so the GroVia is an option too. But Flip is a better value.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

snorris2 12-08-2012 09:13 AM

Flip is definitely a better value. I had I think 6 sets-I had way too much because she potty trained fast. I loved them though. I was also able to lay a flip organice prefold in it at night. It made it a little bulky but it did work. The inserts for the trainer are super soft-especially if you use ecover ;). We have hard water here. They were so squishy that they didn't feel as rigid as her diapers did. She definitely knew the difference.

boysniris 12-08-2012 09:22 AM

I think I'd get the EcoPosh trainers for short outings; they sound more absorbent than the Blueberry trainers. I'm not sure how easy it will be for a little one to pull any of the others up/down. I had some "bedwetting pants/trainers" for DS2 that looked more like the Mother-ese/Bambino Mio; they were both bulky AND he didn't have an easy time pulling them up OR pulling them up correctly. I don't think the Flips or the GroVias look easy for a little to pull up properly.

RockinLou 12-08-2012 09:47 AM

we loved Blueberry for non-waterproof and GroVia for waterproof, my DD was super skinny and the flips fell off of her, and I really liked the design of the GroVia. I think if you're already having success you don't need more than 4 anyway, especially if you are using panties at home. it is a lot about fit with trainers, and the child's willingness to wear them!