Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Who have you told? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470639)

KCmomma 12-08-2012 07:39 AM

Who have you told?

And how have you told them?

I actually told my best friend by text first.
Then I asked DH how many lines he saw.
We were supposed to have our neighbors over for dinner and sparkling wine to celebrate the husband's promotion, so they know:giggle2:
We "gave" my MIL her Christmas present early since she was in town and she used the same card and pregnancy test to show FIL when she got home.
We texted a picture of the kids wearing big brother/big sister shirts to DH's mom and said SURPRISE!
My parents are visiting my brother's family and we haven't had a chance to tell them yet and I don't know how to tell them!

blessedwifenmama 12-08-2012 09:10 AM

Re: Who have you told?

Everyone. After telling the ILs on Thanksgiving, DH decided to announce it that night to his FB friends... so yeah, everyone knows.

lynn97 12-08-2012 10:34 AM

I have only told my two best friends and DH hadn't told anyone. We'll tell all of our families at Christmas and won't tell anyone else until after our 8-week ultrasound on January 2nd. This is similar to what we did w/DS.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lynn97 12-08-2012 10:35 AM

Oh, and when we tell everyone at Christmas, we don't plan on actually telling. We bought DS a big brother t-shirt and plan on just letting him wear it...we'll see how long it takes everyone to notice ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

clothdipemama 12-08-2012 10:37 AM

My husband and I know :)

mvp529 12-08-2012 10:53 AM

I told my mom, dad and nana and MIL and her husband.

And our entire household knows. I texted a pic of a test to my mom and she wanted to know what it was lol.

No shirts for us, that would cost a fortune, lol. I am out of cute ideas after this many-just a regular announcement in our house is like a major party!

wmjmama 12-08-2012 11:21 AM

We told our parents/siblings and I told my BFF. We're holding off on telling anyone else until we see a heart beat. Not telling DS has been the hardest!!

momto2princesses 12-08-2012 03:47 PM

I told three of my good friends and my mom. That's it. After two losses we're waiting until 12 weeks if we can.

s@hmommy 12-08-2012 03:52 PM

Just DH and my eye doctor (had eye surgery recently so I needed to make sure all of my drops are ok to keep using).

AleahDeann 12-08-2012 04:26 PM

Just DH (had him look to verify my squinter positive) , my BFF (text), and my cousin who I am super close with who is also TTC. Called and told her.

Plan on telling my mom next, just telling her. she will inform my dad. Then I am making a greeting card of sorts to email to everyone that has a picture of a Christmas tree, all the ornaments are baby items, then there is garland across the bottom that says "coming August 2013" Then I need to come up with some saying about expecting number 4.