Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Beco This, Beco That (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470647)

christiantech1 12-08-2012 08:10 AM

Beco This, Beco That

Ok....I am gearing up for LO #4 and am interested in buying a Beco this time around. It has been awhile since I have been on the babywearing scene so I was wondering if anyone could give me the low down on the different Beco models...there seems to be hundred....BBII, Gemini, 4g etc... I would really appreciate it!!!! :goodvibes:

MrsAsh 12-08-2012 08:53 AM

Re: Beco This, Beco That

BBII and Gemini are the two they make now. The BBII has a panel between mom and baby making putting baby on your back a peice of cake. The Gemini allows for front carry "(all though I don't like it) but for wearing in the belly to belly potition is awesome. So here is my personally useage of carriers:

BBII is my back carrier (working in the house or hiking).
Gemini is my front carrier for active or longer times (grocery or mall).
Maya Wrap Ring Sling for short times on the go (church or stopping in one store).

bluedaisyma 12-08-2012 12:27 PM

4 g is awesome awesome, awesome! you have to buy them used but they are worth it. the straps are dual adjust so easy for front or back, tall body, and I cross the straps in back for front carry so I don't have to bother with a chest clip. I use them for newbies and still for my 2 1/2 yr old all the time.

gaakoh 12-10-2012 02:20 PM

I have the Gemini and love it. I usually carry in the front, belly to belly. I love the straps crossing in the back; it makes it very easy to put on. I really like the option to carry facing forward, just in case they want to see something for a few minutes (zoo animals, parade, etc.) The buckles take a few times to get used to- they require 2 hands, but I kind of like that safety feature now that I'm used to it.

tygr2410 12-10-2012 04:08 PM

i didn't care for the Gemini i had, although it was easier to nurse in then a BBII...but i love my 4th gen...it's only leaving when we're done wearing.

Also, there are many, many makers of full buckle carriers. Beco/Ergo are not the only options :)

starfairy1980 12-10-2012 04:51 PM

I loved my BB when my sin was smaller, getting him In Was a snap! The Gemini came in handy when he was older. I still use both, but I need somethi g w a taller back, he's a tall toddler.

mommynieb 12-12-2012 06:08 PM

I tried on a bbII and wasn't a huge fan. I have a large chest and I wasn't comfortable with the inner harness part between me and the baby. Also I had a hard time adjusting the straps. I would recommend trying it first to make sure you like it, I know a lot of mamas who swear by their beco butterfly 2s.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DS Forum