Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Item not as described (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470674)

tasundance 12-08-2012 10:38 AM

Item not as described

I bought longies and a matching hat. Hat is perfect and was described as only worn once but the longies are 1.5" shorter than stated in listing and they are pretty felted in the bum which was left out of the listing. They say beautifully knit and no flaws were noted in the listing. They look great in the pic but its only a front pic. I messaged seller about the 2 issues and she has been on but has yet to message back.

I would not have paid as much as I did if I had known they were felted and would not have bought at all if they had correct inseam.

WWYD now? They should have said they were felted but is it my fault for not asking?

BeccaSueCongdon 12-08-2012 10:43 AM

I'd think the incorrect inseam alone is enough of an issue to make them returnable. I'm not big into knits, but I think it's pretty obvious to those who are when things are felted. You can contact a mod for help.

tasundance 12-08-2012 10:47 AM

Re: Item not as described

Im guessing she measured inseam including the gusset but Ive been buying wool for almost 3 years and have never gone off inseam with gusset.

Is that normal to measure and list inseam with the gusset?

IDK I guess Im more annoyed now that she hasnt responded back.

jennayoung99 12-08-2012 11:22 AM

I would not be happy with the felting, especially if the price didn't reflect it. I hope she messages you back.

megs715 12-08-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasundance (Post 16019852)
Im guessing she measured inseam including the gusset but Ive been buying wool for almost 3 years and have never gone off inseam with gusset.

Is that normal to measure and list inseam with the gusset?

IDK I guess Im more annoyed now that she hasnt responded back.

It is not normal to measure the inseam including the gusset (and had she done that, the gusset would need to be approx. 3 inches, my guess is she either pulled them a bit tight/stretched them or isn't familiar with wool). I'd PM and ask to return them, unless the felting isn't severe enough to warrant that, in that case, I'd ask for a partial refund.

tasundance 12-08-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megs715 (Post 16020494)
It is not normal to measure the inseam including the gusset (and had she done that, the gusset would need to be approx. 3 inches, my guess is she either pulled them a bit tight/stretched them or isn't familiar with wool). I'd PM and ask to return them, unless the felting isn't severe enough to warrant that, in that case, I'd ask for a partial refund.

I guess I'd just like a refund. Do I pay return shipping?

BeccaSueCongdon 12-08-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasundance

I guess I'd just like a refund. Do I pay return shipping?

You have to work it out with her to have her pay it, if you want that. Otherwise Paypal will not require her to do so.

~happy2Bamommy~ 12-08-2012 05:31 PM

If you need help with a mediation, pm me.

I would like to know the seller even if you do not need me so I can be sure to note on her account that this happened.