Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   When is everyone's first appointment? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470677)

clothdipemama 12-08-2012 10:42 AM

When is everyone's first appointment?

Hello ladies :)

I was just wondering when everyone's first appointment is? I am expecting an ultrasound and I can't wait to see this little bean. Mine is scheduled for December 21st.

lynn97 12-08-2012 11:03 AM

I'm not going until January 2nd. I think I'm the last one, lol. My doctor doesn't even do the nurse appointment before them. I'm super-anxious to see our little bean on u/s and know that there is a hb and that baby is growing on track.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

wmjmama 12-08-2012 11:18 AM

Re: When is everyone's first appointment?

Mine is December 19th...I am counting down the hours! ;) I cannot wait to see this little one. We're also going to be telling DS about the baby before the appointment, so I'm really excited for that too.

KCmomma 12-08-2012 11:30 AM

December 13th and I am actually kind of nervous to have one so early. I have been with my OBGYN for 3 years, but I've never been pregnant with him so I don't know how he does things. If he does an ultrasound at the first appointment I will only be 4w6days and I know we won't see much.

crunchymamaNY 12-08-2012 11:30 AM

Not til Jan 2 :(

But I told the office that I HAD to have at least an ultrasound scheduled before Christmas so I didn't have to sit here and wait another month worrying. I've had 2 miscarriages and 2 pre term babies, so yeah, I'm anxious to know everything is ok. They said they will send me for an ultrasound as soon as my quants are high enough.....which they should be by the end of next week. So I'll shoot for a Dec 21st scan, or if they are open the 24th.

AleahDeann 12-08-2012 12:08 PM

We are in the middle of an insurance change, so probably not till mid-late january.

mvp529 12-08-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleahDeann
We are in the middle of an insurance change, so probably not till mid-late january.

Me too Aleah. When I went in last week they said they cancelled me due to insurance authorization. So I have

mvp529 12-08-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvp529

Me too Aleah. When I went in last week they said they cancelled me due to insurance authorization. So I have

Sorry. I have to get some things straight and then make the appointment. So I have no clue when that will be. But I am 6wks today!!!

blessedwifenmama 12-08-2012 12:48 PM

I haven't even called the doc yet. :blush:

I'm waiting for January to get in for my first visit since that's when our deductible resets for our insurance. So if I go in now to get all the bloodwork, etc, I'd basically be paying for everything OOP. I'm hoping to get in on a Monday so I don't have to drag my very active 2yo with me.

I'm planning on going with a midwife group based out of a local hospital, and I've never been a patient with them or their hospital before.

lynn97 12-08-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama
I haven't even called the doc yet. :blush:

I'm waiting for January to get in for my first visit since that's when our deductible resets for our insurance. So if I go in now to get all the bloodwork, etc, I'd basically be paying for everything OOP. I'm hoping to get in on a Monday so I don't have to drag my very active 2yo with me.

I'm planning on going with a midwife group based out of a local hospital, and I've never been a patient with them or their hospital before.

The cost/deductible is the benefit of not going until the first if the year. But some OB's bill everything ala carte while others bill it all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum