Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wipes solution recipe for cloth dipes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470690)

ez_green_cutie 12-08-2012 11:44 AM

Wipes solution recipe for cloth dipes?

I'm in search of a make-at-home wipes recipe people have had success with that is safe for using with cloth diapers. Most of the recipes online contain baby wash, baby shampoo, or aloe vera gel, and I don't want to use those.
I found some that were ONLY essential oils, and others that used a carrier oil like almond oil with the EO's added into it. Has anyone had experience with how these oil-based ones affect absorbency? I rotate between cotton, bamboo, and microfiber diapers. What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance!

luvthefluff 12-08-2012 11:55 AM

Re: Wipes solution recipe for cloth dipes?

i use wahm made cubes, but when i make it myself i use a mixture of baby soap, baby oil, and water.

nonipie 12-08-2012 12:33 PM

Usually just water but if not then water, Dr. Bronners baby mild and coconut oil. No problems with that for years.

EmmaGM 12-08-2012 12:36 PM

I've never seen one with no soap at all. My baby has very sensitive skin and this is what I make:

16oz spray bottle

1/2 tbsp Burt's Bees baby wash
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 drops tea tree oil

Shake then fill the rest with hot water.

organicmama10 12-08-2012 01:05 PM

I received a bottle of Lusa Organics wipe solution and according to the ingredient label, it only contains essential oils and no soap.

*Witch hazel distillate, *olive oil, *avocado oil, *aloe vera juice, *calendula flowers, *lavender flowers, polysorbate-20 (an olive oil and sugar based emulsifier), *chamomile flowers, essential oil blend (lavender, patchouli, peru balsam, and chamomile); citric acid, and silver citrate (natural preservatives).

It'll be my first time using it and will see how it goes! Love the smell though....

Pixi6s 12-08-2012 01:08 PM

I just used water for a bit. But I discovered Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) and fell in love, 10 drops per oz in plain water -- no rashes. :) I like simple. We use it in a spray bottle.

ssand23 12-08-2012 01:08 PM

My kids have all been very allergic/sensitive. Seeing the other ideas above, those would definitely cause major rashes here. I always just used warm water. Never had any problems with getting them clean. :)

ez_green_cutie 12-08-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s (Post 16020247)
I just used water for a bit. But I discovered Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) and fell in love, 10 drops per oz in plain water -- no rashes. :) I like simple. We use it in a spray bottle.

Hi Pixi, Just curious why you like GSE so much- I haven't heard of it. Where do you buy it? Online or at a WHole Foods type of place?

ez_green_cutie 12-08-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 16020123)
Usually just water but if not then water, Dr. Bronners baby mild and coconut oil. No problems with that for years.

Hi- quick question. I love Dr. Bronner's, too. I would love to use coconut oil, but our house is never warm enough for it to liquefy- it's always a solid chunk. How do you deal with that in using it as a liquid solution? Or do you live in a warm climate where it's not an issue?

ez_green_cutie 12-08-2012 01:45 PM

Thank you all for your answers/suggestions! I have lots to work with now. :)