Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   smaller babies in convertibles (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470696)

Belbaby3728 12-08-2012 12:24 PM

smaller babies in convertibles
 
Do you worry about how they sleep? My dd almost always falls asleep in car. We are currently testing a radian 120 to see if we want to keep it or not. She will be 1 year on 12/26, weighs about 18lbs and is around 29-30 inches long. First ride and she fell right to sleep in it, with her head fallen to side/forwardish. Basically not looking comfortable to mom and dad but not bothering her enough to wake up. Is there an additional angle adjuster that doesn't come with seat? Maybe we need that until she's bigger? I am not sure if we should look at other seats that have different body structure. We are using the infant insert currently. This seat fits perfectly in center of our Santa Fe, worried we'll have issues with a different seat and also I like that she'll get more leg room in the radian. Should I not worry?

ETA: a picture of her asleep in radian today. Took headrest out which helped. May try rolling a blanket but I think it will move all over while she's awake and not work well.

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/...-19-50_830.jpg

delicatefade 12-08-2012 12:36 PM

Re: smaller babies in convertibles
 
I loved the radian for my smaller baby! You can always roll up receiving blankets to put beside her head. Take out the infant insert. I love that its so much easier to get them in and out because of the low profile sides. I started using it at around 3 months. I know there is another angle adjuster you can get,but I don't know how it works... You have her rear facing, right?

Belbaby3728 12-08-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 16020133)
I loved the radian for my smaller baby! You can always roll up receiving blankets to put beside her head. Take out the infant insert. I love that its so much easier to get them in and out because of the low profile sides. I started using it at around 3 months. I know there is another angle adjuster you can get,but I don't know how it works... You have her rear facing, right?

Yes rear facing. I looked up the angle adjuster but it makes the angle more upright, not less so that won't work. I was thinking receiving blanket may be way to go. Need to get used to the straps too! Adjusting them is a bit of pain, but its easy to get her out without loosening straps so that may help not having to tighten as much everytime we put her in. She seemed to like it. She's getting close to outgrowing bucket seat in height and fights going in it so much now.

Belbaby3728 12-08-2012 12:47 PM

do you feel they fit better without infant insert?

delicatefade 12-08-2012 12:49 PM

Re: smaller babies in convertibles
 
Yes. The infant insert seems to push baby's head forward more, if that makes sense. My babes have all outgrown their infant seats by for sure 6 or 7 months, and I hated lugging it around anyway!

Belbaby3728 12-08-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 16020185)
Yes. The infant insert seems to push baby's head forward more, if that makes sense. My babes have all outgrown their infant seats by for sure 6 or 7 months, and I hated lugging it around anyway!

Would you take whole insert out or just the headrest part? DD just seems so small to not have some cushion around her still! Instructions said the body portion can stay in for toddlers... sorry for 20 questions!

delicatefade 12-08-2012 01:46 PM

Re: smaller babies in convertibles
 
Just take out the headrest part.

Belbaby3728 12-08-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 16020376)
Just take out the headrest part.

Thanks! We'll give that a try.

moms5angels 12-08-2012 02:03 PM

Re: smaller babies in convertibles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 16020376)
Just take out the headrest part.

ditto to this. r u sure its reclined enough? just asking cuz u could have foward slump issues if not.

Belbaby3728 12-08-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moms5angels (Post 16020408)
ditto to this. r u sure its reclined enough? just asking cuz u could have foward slump issues if not.

Hubs says yes, will double check :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors