Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Barely used BG starting to look not so great, is it just me? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14707)

lilmama2dsndd 06-15-2006 03:08 PM

Barely used BG starting to look not so great, is it just me?

Ok, I have 1 bumGenious and I love it because it fits DD (9 months) and DS (27 months). We haven't had any problems with leaking or wicking, even overnight. But lately it isn't looking so great. It has only been washed 5 times and worn 4 (twice by DD, twice by DS). Already I have had lots of "hanging" thread and the strechy part of the tabs has snags in it. IS it just me??? I don't see how this diaper is supposed to hold up for both DD and DS to use it if is already doing this. Did I do something wrong? I wash it with the rest of my dipes, cold prewash with 1/2 cup baking soda, hot wash with 1/2 scoop allen's, cold rinse w/1 cup vinegar. Is anyone else having this happen to their bumGenious?

My2punkins 06-15-2006 03:28 PM

Re: Barely used BG starting to look not so great, is it just me?

Oh no! Can't help you out b/c just got our first one today. I hope it doesn't start to fall apart that fast!

ocean_o_curls 06-15-2006 03:31 PM

mine have yet to have that problem and mine have been washed more than yours that sucks :(

disneykidz 06-15-2006 03:50 PM

I bought four and had two that had problems like that. Contact Cotton Babies. They exchanged mine, no problem.

~stacy~ 06-15-2006 04:25 PM

Yeah, I already exchanged one once. But the second one has been worn twice and the velcro tab is already starting to fray and is hard to grab now. It's already a $20 diaper with the additional return shipping costs. I'm not willing to up the price again. :cry:

That said, I also love the fit.

navars2 06-15-2006 04:37 PM

I have 13. I have two (one is an older style...the only older style I have) where I've noticed the velcro tab starting to come apart. I have a couple where the rise snaps don't snap as tight as I'd like (they tend to come undone while I put the dipe on DS. There are snags in the stretchy part pretty much across the board but they are pretty minor, are in the inside, and are just cosmetic in nature...also, the new ones are better then the old one about it. In general, though, they're in pretty good shape.

tararaboomdeea 06-15-2006 04:46 PM

Bummer! I have 3 with one more on the way and mone are all holding up great. My white one is an older style, too, and it's fine, just the normal pilling ny the stretchy tabs. Call CottonBabies and ask them about an exchange. It shouldn't be doing that. I LOVE my BG!'s and I'd be so sad if mine were already breaking down.

rebeccah5 06-15-2006 06:30 PM

My old style BG definitely looks like it's been run over, but my new style BGs still look good. The pulls on the stretchy tabs are from the Aplix, sometimes I accidentally snag it and I hate it when that happens! But I've washed mine with all my other dipes. I think I prefer snaps right now, but I wouldn't trade my BGs for anything!

upstategirl 06-15-2006 06:32 PM

I would call the company. Some diapers that go out are maybe from a bad batch. Also do you have a top loader washer. They are a bit harsher on diapers then front loaders.

autumnlily 06-15-2006 07:30 PM

Mine are holding up great - but I do a warm water wash and dry them low for 15 min before hang-drying. Cottonbabies is great about returns ...

Good luck!