Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How long does PUL last? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470719)

greencrunchymama 12-08-2012 01:53 PM

How long does PUL last?

CD veterans, how long have you found PUL to last?

hilaryisinked 12-08-2012 02:29 PM

We haven't kept diapers long enough to test it out but we have BGEs we've been using since last summer and their PUL is still perfect. I hate that we don't have any PUL diaper from when we started on newborn Aubrey. That would be cool to see their shape now.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

greencrunchymama 12-08-2012 02:38 PM

Re: How long does PUL last?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilaryisinked (Post 16020498)
We haven't kept diapers long enough to test it out but we have BGEs we've been using since last summer and their PUL is still perfect. I hate that we don't have any PUL diaper from when we started on newborn Aubrey. That would be cool to see their shape now.

I have some BGs that I got from a friend and they have been through two kids. They aren't pretty, but they work. :giggle:

Cdmamao5 12-08-2012 02:44 PM

I would have to agree PUL last longer than manufacturer's warranty if you will. They say at least one year. However, I also have quite a few that lasted for two children over four years.

moms5angels 12-08-2012 02:50 PM

i think it depends on the company & the size of your stash. i had some that last me a yr & others that lasted me 2-3yrs. when i 1st had a large stash i got 2-3 yrs out of them. now i have really small stash i get 6mo to a yr b4 they need to b replaced.

Poodlemum 12-08-2012 02:55 PM

It depends on the quality of the pul, the ones I make have pretty thick (comparatively) pul. Not the flimsy dot kind like BG. Mine are still going strong almost 2 years later, I dry on high and wash with "unsafe" detergent

keen1981 12-08-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilaryisinked

This. But when I started I got some used BG's. They were pretty worn. But I
Used them for almost 2 years, then my friend used them. (she replaced tabs and elastic) so 3+ years on those 11 bg's

mamamarisa 12-08-2012 02:59 PM

i bought bg 2.0 on fsot when i was pregnant that 2 kids wore, my ds used them heavily for a good 8 months then i switched diaper types to aios. THe pul was in awesome shape but the aplix was completely shot, and i mean completely. The tabs curled to a circle lol. I think bg has the best pul though(well had anyways, ive gotten some 4.0s with sticky, cracking pul). Fuzzibunz pul is not very good, but the warranty almost always is good to replace it. I have flip covers that still look like new that i got when ds was 4 months old, and he is nearing 2.5 now.

nonipie 12-08-2012 03:16 PM

The majority of my PUL diapers ( 18 BG 3.0) are almost 6 years old and they work just fine. DS1 wore them from a year to PLing, DD wore them from about 8 weeks old to PLing and DS2 has been wearing them for a few weeks now. Had them snap converted a few years ago though but the PUL is perfect, no leaks. I have never had PUL on anything crack, delaminate etc. but those are the oldest.

thirdtimemomma 12-08-2012 03:35 PM

The only PUL I've seen wear out was Haute Pockets and Fuzzibunz pul. Literally and I've used just about all brands.. bummis, blueberry, BG, FB, prorap...everything. with bleach and the dryer...for years! The longest I've had a diaper is 4 years..and it was BG and still going strong.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum