Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Feeling full (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470721)

smiling.politely 12-08-2012 03:10 PM

Feeling full

I am preggo with my second baby. My first baby, I didn't even know I was pregnant until my third month. This time I knew at two weeks. Big difference, I know! Anyway, this time though I find myself readjusting the way I sit frequently and I'm already moving my pants out of the way, because the baby area just feels "full". I had sciatic nerve pain right before I found out I was pregnant with the first baby. I have had that for two weeks now! Maybe more. It will be a while before I can get in and get an ultrasound done. Dh's mom and dad are both from sets of twins. There really isn't any on my side that I know of, yet both my parents were fostered/adopted if you would. Is there anyone that has had or is preggo with twins that has felt this way? Are there any ways to really check? I know there is some way to check for the top of your uterus, but I need it "dummed" down. Lol. The internet is not helping me understand anything!:blush:

snugglesnsunshine 12-08-2012 03:20 PM

Re: Feeling full

My dh can already feel my uterus. It feels like a a softball. not soft ball, but the ball that is hard and larger than a baseball, haha. Last pregnancy, I went in for first visit at 7 weeks and it was already so far up they sent me in for u/s and thought I may be at least a month off on my dates-but I wasn't.
the dummed down part--
lay on your back on a bed and let your feet hang off from the knees down. If it really is your uterus expanding early, you will feel it in that position better than any. hth.

3 ladybugs 12-08-2012 05:37 PM

I am scared to push too much there! Can you feel around without damaging the little bean? I don't even wear tight pants at this point. :hide:

snugglesnsunshine 12-08-2012 05:41 PM

Sure. I don't mash or anything. It's just there and high enough I can put my fingers on it. The dr. Confirmed that's what it was last pregnancy at 7 weeks at my first visit so I know I'm not a loon.

smiling.politely 12-09-2012 09:05 AM

It's always good to have confirmation that we're not loony! :blush: I tried to find the softball in my abdomen and couldn't find it! So I asked the dh and he couldn't find it either. It's quite tender there! I tried lying on the floor too! After my first baby was born, the midwife kept trying to find the fundus and couldn't at first. She said that I had "some really good stomach muscles". I just had a baby, and I have good stomach muscles still? Fantastic! We pushed around a bit. I figured since I had so much back pain with baby number one, that maybe it pushed towards the back. No luck. Bummer.

snugglesnsunshine 12-09-2012 10:41 AM

may be the dreaded bloat then. Or just tucked well behind those super stomach muscles (jealous) I think we all have some bloat by now. Don't worry. Your softball will show up sooner than later. :goodvibes: