Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   How to display cards? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470742)

elizabeth.scalf 12-08-2012 02:51 PM

How to display cards?

Every year I like to save a few of the beautiful Christmas cards that get sent. I have a stack that I'd like to display but can't figure out how. One year I tried to prop them up on the mantle but they blew over when the air turned on. I don't want to put holes in the walls. Would prefer not to tape them all over a wall, I don't really like the way that looks. I was thinking about taking two long strips of wood, bolting them together loosely, and laying it across the length of my counter top and slipping the cards upright in between the pieces. A neihgbor of mine has a garland that she runs up along the outside banister of her stair case and and clips each card on by the corner. How do you do it?

tallanvor 12-08-2012 03:11 PM

Re: How to display cards?

I tape them to the wall.

My MIL, though, has a string with mini clothes pins that she uses. The clothes pins are red and green.

AfWife8405 12-08-2012 03:30 PM

I just use a magnet to put them on the fridge. I like the clothes pin idea above. :)

elizabeth.scalf 12-08-2012 04:15 PM

Where does she have the string strung up from? I've seen people do it with a handful of green strings that they tie in a knot and place up high, then the strings come down in the shape of a tree on the wall. You could probably pin cards on to that. I guess Pinterest would be a good place to to start.

KelseyH 12-08-2012 05:09 PM

My parents used to use thumbtacks and a clear string along the wall and just hang the cards on that. There were usually two or three rows in their HUGE living room. I know you said you don't want to put holes in the walls, so what about stringing them between two low profile 3m sticky hooks? We use those all the time and they really don't leave marks.

elizabeth.scalf 12-08-2012 05:15 PM

We have huge walls too and I just didn't think that a litle group of cards stuck randomly on the wall would look good, but I picked one door and taped them in an alternating pattern (portrait then landscape). The door jam makes it looks like their in a frame and gives a good outline, so they end up looking good. Sorry I was so indecisive.

kaylajo88 12-08-2012 05:18 PM

I have a thick ribbon strung across the opening from my living room to the dining room that i hang the cards on and then secure them with tiny clothes pins.

Computermama 12-08-2012 05:25 PM

I currently have clothespins on a string, but when I can wrest a few minutes from my velcro baby I plan to make this.

Done at 3 12-08-2012 06:32 PM

I've seen two ideas that I really liked. On Pinterest i saw someone used pretty ribbon over their kitchen cabinet fronts hanging down from the tops of each with cards clothes pinned to them. I also saw where someone just took some large foam board and covered it in pretty Christmas fabric and hung it in the wall then push pinned the cards on. I liked that idea because I love Christmas fabric and this would be a fun way to display some favorites.

crnchy_mama_lala 12-08-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor (Post 16020636)
I tape them to the wall.

My MIL, though, has a string with mini clothes pins that she uses. The clothes pins are red and green.

We have a metal line with clips on it from Ikea that is bolted onto our wall, but before we got that we had one with suction cups on both ends that we woud put up on our front window during the Holidays and hang cards from (like this: http://compare.ebay.com/like/1109851...Types&var=sbar)