Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   bamboo charcoal against skin in grovia? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470751)

Cjsmommy_teampinkagain 12-08-2012 03:20 PM

bamboo charcoal against skin in grovia?

i have a bunch of the charcoal bamboo inserts but use mostly covers and prefold. someone gave me a grovia shell i really like but prefolds dont fit well. can i use the charcoal bamboo? other suggetions for cheap inserts that fit grovia?

TinaDeanette 12-08-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjsmommy_teampinkagain
i have a bunch of the charcoal bamboo inserts but use mostly covers and prefold. someone gave me a grovia shell i really like but prefolds dont fit well. can i use the charcoal bamboo? other suggetions for cheap inserts that fit grovia?

I don't see why not! Why don't you try one the next time you change your LO and see if it works for you!

RockinLou 12-08-2012 05:12 PM

I personally am not comfortable with the charcoal bamboo right against the skin, but if you are using it right up against the skin in any other cover I don't see why you couldn't in the GroVia. I use prefolds in my GroVia.

TinaDeanette 12-08-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinLou
I personally am not comfortable with the charcoal bamboo right against the skin, but if you are using it right up against the skin in any other cover I don't see why you couldn't in the GroVia. I use prefolds in my GroVia.

I must be confused about what these are?! So, what are they!

P!nkPepper 12-08-2012 05:24 PM

Flats or flour sack towels?

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

Cjsmommy_teampinkagain 12-08-2012 05:27 PM

Why would you not be comfortable with it against the skin?

RockinLou 12-08-2012 09:57 PM

Re: bamboo charcoal against skin in grovia?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjsmommy_teampinkagain (Post 16021020)
Why would you not be comfortable with it against the skin?

because I wouldn't want the charcoal particles on the skin, I don't see this fabric sold anywhere in the US or with any evidence that it meets textile safety standards (there's a lot of nasty stuff in textiles, believe it or not) so I wouldn't want a material that I am not 100% sure is safe touching the baby, especially when there is no way for the charcoal to be woven in, as charcoal is not a fiber.

I'm sure people do it and don't have problems, it is just outside my comfort zone.

TinaDeanette 12-08-2012 10:21 PM

I seriously though charcoal was the color!!!

Cjsmommy_teampinkagain 12-09-2012 12:49 AM

Hmmm interesting. I tried researching it and everything says its good for your skin and it can be against babies skin. A lot of pocket diapers are using it as the part that touches babies bottom but I do get what you mean about not knowing where it comes from or the standards.