Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   would it be crazy to baby shop before pregnant? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470753)

mamamarisa 12-08-2012 03:24 PM

would it be crazy to baby shop before pregnant?

It isnt causing me any financial issues or anything, but i feel kind of silly storing stuff i really really like for babies i dont even have yet. i just find cute little stuff for cheap and say "hey, why not? ill have more kids one day". I have 7 for mankind baby socks that i bought for 1.50 a box(just today, bought a boy and a girl set, they are so darn cute!) and ralph lauren outfits and just small nice stuff, that i buy on clearance or very VERY cheap. Is it weird to do this? My mom used to do it, but she was kind of like that with everything(she was an extreme couponer before it was popular lol). i only do this with baby goodies and clothes for the next season for me and ds. Anyway, i figure if for some reason i dont have another kid then whoever i give the stuff to would be very happy.

keen1981 12-08-2012 03:35 PM

If it makes you happy- rock on! Lol

LaurelBelle 12-08-2012 03:38 PM

I have a whole stash of NB diapers for a baby not yet conceived :blush:

nonipie 12-08-2012 03:38 PM

Re: would it be crazy to baby shop before pregnant?

It may be crazy but I did it, so I think it's fine.

abunchoflemons 12-08-2012 03:44 PM

If not hurting u why not be prepared. Although I just got several huge boxes from friend/neighbor of lots of things we will most likely use so its been blessing as we are on a budget and not much of girl stuff selling fast & all.....as well as others I know are also expecting though mostly 1st kids not 2nd & 3rds so they I know will get lots of stuff....

mamamarisa 12-08-2012 04:04 PM

ok that makes me feel a little better. I havent bought a single dipe yet though because i know the second i do i will not be able to stop(thats how it was with ds, i made a rule that unless it is contributing to potty training then it is an unnecessary dipe atm), and i want to ec with any future baby lol

raymark 12-08-2012 04:27 PM

I do it & I can't even get pregnant without an extreem amount of medical help :). I'm just starting a FET cycle (frozen embryo transfer) and buying dipes really helps me to stay positive & shake off the stress - it's almost medicinal LOL!

TinaDeanette 12-08-2012 04:34 PM

I'm doing that now! Go for it!

KelseyH 12-08-2012 04:48 PM

I did that with this baby! :) I don't see anything wrong with it - especially if it's a great deal!

bigmamakelsey 12-08-2012 05:02 PM

I bought NB fluff before TTC - I'm glad I did because I got some REALLY good deals!:)