Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   LO screaming for me to take off wool :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470869)

Skybaby712 12-09-2012 12:17 AM

LO screaming for me to take off wool :(

I think I'm going to cry :( DD is almost 17 months and is not wanting to wear wool anymore. We have been 100% wool until a few weeks ago when she started attending daycare twice a week. There she was in fleece pants instead of wool. Sometime during this transition of me working and her going to daycare, she started disliking her wool :( It started when I'd put her in pull on soakers, she cry and fight me to pull them off. If I hurried and put them on anyway she would stop fussing when it was all the way on. (I guess because it was around her diaper and she couldn't feel it anymore?) Then it started when I'd put on her longies too. We have a mix of interlock, knits, and upcycled, and she has fussed over all of them, especially when I'm trying to pull on a soaker or knit pants. She actually screams and cries like she's in pain, but her skin is not irritated anywhere so I am pretty positive that she is fine, well physically anyways.

I'm thinking about investing in some wool wraps, where she doesn't have to feel the wool on her legs. I'm soooo sad. I've read threads about other LOs and wool, but I never would've thought that I would be in the same boat. Ugh. If you have gone through this, is this only a stage? Maybe she'll be fine with it next month? I want to blame the transition of me staying at home to working, but she is getting older and letting us know her preferences/dislikes, so I don't know.

boysniris 12-09-2012 01:21 AM

Re: LO screaming for me to take off wool :(

:hugs: We never used wool longies, but I did have wool wraps. When my son was around 2 he started yelling "No wools" and pushing them away if I tried to use one. He's 42 months now and doesn't seem to mind any more. So there is hope :)

coveredcaboose 12-09-2012 08:36 AM

Wow, usually wool is really soft. Maybe take a break from it and try again

Skybaby712 12-09-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 16022128)
:hugs: We never used wool longies, but I did have wool wraps. When my son was around 2 he started yelling "No wools" and pushing them away if I tried to use one. He's 42 months now and doesn't seem to mind any more. So there is hope :)

Yay! This is what I wanted to hear!

I am taking a little break and will try again in a few days. *fingers crossed*

OrangeBananas 12-09-2012 11:28 AM

:hugs:
I had to stop using wool on my toddler, not because he hated it but because he liked it so much that he would always play with it and pick at it. Once he realized he could make holes in his pants, it was all over with :giggle2:. I hope she changes her mind soon, and you can use woolies again!

tinytushi 12-09-2012 12:17 PM

Maybe she is like me. Wool stings and burns me no matter how soft it is. My skin NEVER looks irritated from it, but I feel it and am miserable. Maybe since she has always worn wool she did not realize it bothered her, but the few days without and the fact that she is older it has finally connected up that those do bother her. I hope this is not the case for you and that it all works in the end. I know many mama's love their wool!

lavender dragonfly 12-09-2012 12:44 PM

Oh no!!!! :cry:

Asher went through this and sadly we sold all our woolies. We are officially a AIO family with the exception of his SBish longies he wears a night. I kept a pair of DD Serpentine Dragon longies hoping I could sneak them on occasionally and get my woolies fix, but Asher cries "no mama" and runs away when he sees them coming.

Leiiki 12-09-2012 01:14 PM

DD (2.5) started refusing longies recently as well, and I found that putting cotton tights on under her wool solved the problem. She's PL'ed, though, so that wouldn't work if you do coverless dipes w/ wool.

Skybaby712 12-09-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly (Post 16023210)
Oh no!!!! :cry:

Asher went through this and sadly we sold all our woolies. We are officially a AIO family with the exception of his SBish longies he wears a night. I kept a pair of DD Serpentine Dragon longies hoping I could sneak them on occasionally and get my woolies fix, but Asher cries "no mama" and runs away when he sees them coming.

:( was this recently? I remember seeing your aweome woolie stash not too long ago.

DD couldn't wear PUL a year ago, but in that time she basically stopped having ezcema breakouts and rashes, so I took the plunge and ordered 6 PUL Nanas Bottoms. They still haven't come in, but I'm hoping when they do she'll be ok in them. I was at stash nirvana with my flats, fitteds, and wool. So simple and it worked for us. Maybe I'll just stick with one or two PUL brands to keep it simple still. I put her in a PUL swim diaper and she was fine, so maybe this will work out.

themamageek 12-09-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytushi (Post 16023132)
Maybe she is like me. Wool stings and burns me no matter how soft it is. My skin NEVER looks irritated from it, but I feel it and am miserable. Maybe since she has always worn wool she did not realize it bothered her, but the few days without and the fact that she is older it has finally connected up that those do bother her. I hope this is not the case for you and that it all works in the end. I know many mama's love their wool!

This is me too, or used to be. I can touch cashmere and I think that's wool?

Cashmere... :drif: