Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Dec 9th-15th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470888)

canadianbakers 12-09-2012 07:56 AM

Chat Thread ~ Dec 9th-15th

:goodvibes:

I really can't believe how time is flying! Only another couple weeks and it's Christmas!!! How's everyone doing with their gift shopping? Done, nearly done, not even close?
I've just got to get the kids out to pick stuff for DH - they love to "buy" their own stuff for dad! I'm hoping to get that all done this afternoon with them :crossfingers:
And I'm waiting on a pair of concert tickets to arrive in the mail - that's my gift to DH... although :hide: technically we're not supposed to buy each other a big gift. We decided a couple years ago that, since the kids love to pick out actual good gifts for us (like stuff we really want, not just another tie for dad, kwim?) and we really don't need or want that many things, we would only do stockings for each other. But, hey, tickets will fit in his stocking, right?! :giggle:

MrsCrafty 12-09-2012 08:19 AM

Well it's a winter wonderland here! This is the view out our front window
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...B38148DBFB.jpg

We aren't even close to done with the Christmas shopping. I think it's going to mostly be a huge Amazon order. :goodvibes:
DF is going to run to town to get our big Christmas tree, DSD was throwing up yesterday, but is still sleeping, hoping she's feeling better and no one caught it!

Mom2Connor 12-09-2012 08:25 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 9th-15th

We are basically done with xmas shopping. DH only has two people on his side (mom and brother) that he's in contact with, and DH's brother doesn't want gifts so we just buy for his mom. On my side I buy for immediate family only. I have an insanely extended family on both of my sides and there is just no way we could afford to buy for everyone.

We are done with DS's gifts although there is one more toy I've been eyeing and might break down and buy, LOL

UmmKira 12-09-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 16022380)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...B38148DBFB.jpg

That looks like where we live (except we're not in the countryside)! I love the snow... if it is going to be cold, there should at least be snow on the ground!

Today is DD1's 13th b-day. Wow, she has been looking forward to this for a long time!! She's super excited to be a teenager, and I'm am not! I wish she could stay small and innocent forever. I guess that's what every mom says, aye?

This pregnancy is going so much faster than my other two did!! I went from thinking I was 20 weeks to 22 weeks... I guess I forgot to update my brain to remember I was 21 weeks for a while. :giggle2:

Oh, and the kicks have been regular for a while. I look forward to the later evening when the baby gets moving around. :goodvibes:

Mom2Connor 12-09-2012 08:51 AM

I so wish it would snow here. I am so sick of MUD!

RunawayBunny 12-09-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt

We aren't even close to done with the Christmas shopping. I think it's going to mostly be a huge Amazon order. :goodvibes:
DF is going to run to town to get our big Christmas tree, DSD was throwing up yesterday, but is still sleeping, hoping she's feeling better and no one caught it!

Pretty!

It was 70 degrees here yesterday. It was wonderful though I do hope we get snow in Illinois this year for DS to build a snow man.

Done shopping here though I will probably keep buying for DS. He is my weakness. I stayed on budget for everyone else, but i just really enjoy shopping for him!

KelseyH 12-09-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt

Gorgeous!! I am so jealous. It was in the 60s here the other day... Our weather is all over the place. :/

I still haven't decided what to get DH. He is not big on homemade gifts, but that's all I'm doing this year for family and stuff... So idk. :( we didn't really exchange gifts last year, but he bought me a Rebel T3i, so I need to come up with SOMETHING good! He is sooo hard to buy for.

melilo 12-09-2012 10:16 AM

Beautiful snow. It's unusual for us to not have had any snow yet in the season. Usually it starts by November. We had a really mild winter last year, and this year seems to be heading in the same direction, but who knows.

Got nearly all of the shopping done, just need to get a few gift cards. I don't like buying them, but it's pretty much the only thing that hubby's family will accept, lol.

mibarra 12-09-2012 10:21 AM

Can't wait for snow here!! Almost done shopping. I think for DH from the girls I'll get a small canvas and do handprints and footprints :)

Clothobsessed2010 12-09-2012 11:03 AM

I haven't started shopping, yet! Luckily, I don't have many people to buy for. We are having some warmer weather here, which I love!