Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mothers Milk Tea (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470954)

MrzP427 12-09-2012 01:22 PM

Mothers Milk Tea

What does it taste like? I went to the Mall on Friday and at GNC they had the Mothers Milk tea BOGO 1/2 off. I picked up the last 2 boxes they had. Im not usually a tea person so what are your opinions?

lawyer_mom 12-09-2012 02:36 PM

Re: Mothers Milk Tea

I like it. I drink a cup before bed most nights. Dry, it smells strongly of fennel, but does not taste of it after brewing. You really do need to steep it at least 10 minutes. I use extra sugar in it and it's quite nice. Some sites I've read say that the doses are too low to help supply; I don't have low supply but when I consistently drink it I can pump more in the mornings.

MrzP427 12-09-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawyer_mom (Post 16023343)
I like it. I drink a cup before bed most nights. Dry, it smells strongly of fennel, but does not taste of it after brewing. You really do need to steep it at least 10 minutes. I use extra sugar in it and it's quite nice. Some sites I've read say that the doses are too low to help supply; I don't have low supply but when I consistently drink it I can pump more in the mornings.

I am also eating oatmeal, taking Fenugreek and making Lactation cookies. I have been pumping every 3 hours and Im doing pretty good. I can nurse my LO from one side and Pump out 2.5-3 oz sometimes a little more out of the other side. I am hoping I like it.

clatchford2011 12-10-2012 06:13 AM

it isn't bad I am actually drinking a cup right now :) Licquorishe taste smells like maple syrup (fenugreek) and I use organic raw honey in my teas which give it a nice sweetness but not too much. I would suggest you avoid stevia with this or red raspberry leaf tea

rhodesestrada 01-05-2013 12:30 PM

I like it because it is a bit unique and spicy and I like chai for the same reason. The oatmeal is a great trick as well.

Spunkify 01-05-2013 12:53 PM

I had heard horrible, horrible things about the taste but I've tried Yogi and Traditional Medicinals tea and think they taste fine. There is one I prefer over the other, Traditional Medicinals I think, because of ingredients but as far as taste goes they're fine to me. I wasn't really big hot tea drinker before that tea either.

halielise924 01-05-2013 11:30 PM

I love tea, and I like this tea. DH was grossed out by the smell, it smells kind of like black licorice.

gryphonn 01-06-2013 09:20 PM

After drinking a quart of raspberry leaf tea a day during pregnancy, Mothers Milk tastes like a dream! Does anyone know how much is "too much"? I read that "too much" and you'll start to smell like maple syrup...