Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Compression leaks, again (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470987)

nursemama23 12-09-2012 02:16 PM

Compression leaks, again

We use pockets for 18 month old dd. We had been experiencing leaks whenever she was in her carseat (even a short ride), she is a fairly heavy wetter. I switched to natural fibers, hemp and bamboo to stuff my pockets but we continue to have leaks. Dh wants to use sposies when we leave the house but I can't do it. Help!

crunchyNurseMommy 12-09-2012 03:45 PM

I had this happen a LOT too when DS was that age.
Have you tried flip covers? They seem to be the one thing that worked pretty good for us and not too expensive to try.
I too had to get rid of all the microfiber because it was like a sponge that got squeezed any time he sat!

m&m&m 12-09-2012 10:12 PM

For long car rides, I usually did and recommend a fitted diaper.

Mandan914 12-13-2012 03:53 PM

Re: Compression leaks, again

I have heard adding a cloth wipe or a FST between the soaker and the diaper works..

nursemama23 12-16-2012 11:45 AM

Bumping this up for anymore suggestions.

sandrc 12-16-2012 11:51 AM

cotton on top of the hemp or bamboo may work better. hemp and bamboo absorb slower than cotton. it may be that when she is sitting and wets the inserts don't absorb as fast as she's putting out so it has no where to go but out of the diaper. have you tried flip organic inserts? they absorb fast and for a thin addition try cotton flats (osocozy brand) is small and can easily be padfolded and added to a hemp or bamboo insert.

ez_green_cutie 12-30-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy (Post 16023692)
I had this happen a LOT too when DS was that age.
Have you tried flip covers? They seem to be the one thing that worked pretty good for us and not too expensive to try.
I too had to get rid of all the microfiber because it was like a sponge that got squeezed any time he sat!

Wow, I had never thought about microfiber doing that! Does that also hold true for when they are laying on their stomachs (the microfiber would then press against the front of the diaper where a significant amount of wetness is, too)?

boysniris 12-30-2012 12:16 PM

Either add more absorbency or change more frequently. Compression leaks are usually from diapers not offering enough absorbency. If you're using any microfiber, I'd stop and substitute MORE natural fiber inserts. It might be fluffier than you're used to, but it will get the job done. Trim generally equals less absorbent IMHO.