Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   When do you keep your LO home from daycare? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471057)

1healthylady 12-09-2012 08:16 PM

Obviously if they're throwing up or have a fever, but what about colds? DD has her first cold. She obviously doesn't feel well, but she's not extra fussy and she's still eating and sleeping really well. And while we're at it, how does infant throw up differ from spit up? DD is not one to spit up normally, but she has a couple times each day since she's been congested (Friday). No fever to go with it.

Probably typing one handed while breastfeeding. My smartphone can't fix it all.

mibarra 12-09-2012 09:56 PM

Spit up vs. Vomit is hard to explain, but trust me, you'll know when it happens. If appetite and sleep are good, with no fever, and assuming they aren't dripping snot like a faucet, I'll send them. If they are SUPER fussy they stay home. If they're acting mostly normal with a runny nose that isn't too bad they go.

All that mucous and drainage can cause some spitting up without being a full on vomit. :)

adiaraymom 12-09-2012 11:18 PM

Re: When do you keep your LO home from daycare?

I trust my instincts when it comes to colds. I usually just stay home for a day. I am afraid that while her immune system is fighting the virus that she may get other "bugs" at the daycare. Then she will get more sick and will end up staying home longer.

luvsviola 12-10-2012 07:26 AM

Vomit = massive amounts. You'll know. :)

I only get 5 days off a year before my evaluation is negative for attendance, so for colds with no fever, I send unless there is massive amounts of green.

1healthylady 12-10-2012 11:46 AM

She seemed to be doing better this morning, so we went to daycare. Still not all better, but definitely on the way there. Got a text at 930 that she was doing well, had eaten two (small) bottles already (yay! she's been refusing bottles) and was sleeping. Sounds like the start of a good day.

Probably typing one handed while breastfeeding. My smartphone can't fix it all.

yogamama28 12-10-2012 12:31 PM

My dd is watched by a SAHM. She is okay with her coming with a cold and even is ok with diarrhea. She is ok with a low fever too. I have a limited # of sick days per year and its just not possible for me to stay home unless I really need to. It's so hard to go to work when I just want to stay home and snuggle my baby girl!

dncegrl 12-10-2012 12:51 PM

Like the pps I still send if my child is acting normal. Unfortunately more than 6 a year is a negative and I have two children...

Nerissa 12-10-2012 01:14 PM

Unless they are activly throwing up, running a high fever, diarria they go to daycare.

I too have a limited number of sick days I can take. My kids go to an inhome daycare and she is okay with low fever if they are acting/eating normally. She will try and keep them seperated as much as possible.

abunchoflemons 12-10-2012 01:26 PM

Unless dire situation or daycare says not to bring like with pink eye...I would send.I went to school with little one so college had care I needed it & my kid was sick....as emergency care cuz like the one said she gets few days for sick otherwise bad for her.....