Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Petition to end circ on minors. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471059)

kushie tushie 12-09-2012 07:24 PM

Please keep this civil! No commentary needed.

I just wanted to post this link for mamas who want to support it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ge-18/DbCyTjRH

Pass it on if you support the cause!

kushie tushie 12-10-2012 07:13 AM

Bump

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

jessicalev8 12-10-2012 11:53 AM

Re: Petition to end circ on minors.

I signed :)

DesertRat 12-10-2012 12:09 PM

I'm conflicted. I mean, I think circ'ing is horrible. But part of me prefers to educate people more first. Circ rates are dropping rapidly and in a few years (I hope) there will only be a small percentage of people circ'ing. I think then would be a better time to ban circumcision, because until then there are a lot of people who think this is just another way the gov't is infringing on their rights. IOW, I think more people need to realize how harmful it is before we can ban it.

CASMama711 12-10-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 16026790)
I'm conflicted. I mean, I think circ'ing is horrible. But part of me prefers to educate people more first. Circ rates are dropping rapidly and in a few years (I hope) there will only be a small percentage of people circ'ing. I think then would be a better time to ban circumcision, because until then there are a lot of people who think this is just another way the gov't is infringing on their rights. IOW, I think more people need to realize how harmful it is before we can ban it.

Agree.

You win more flies with honey than with vinegar... just something I think some people in the anti-circ movement might want to consider. :2cents:

Michelle_M 12-10-2012 03:27 PM

It would infringe on religious freedom. Jewish people truly do believe that it is a commandment of God and do it because God told them to in their Bible (Old Testament for Christians).

To say they could no longer circumcise their children, would be telling them that they cannot worship God or follow his laws.

I will be very surprised if this passes no matter how many signatures are on the paper. And no, I won't be singing it. All three of my boys are circ'ed and I don't regret it.

And just as there has been damage done by botched circumcisions, I have known children who HAD to be circ'ed at age 6 or 7 because of constant painful infections and it became a medical necessity, which would not have been needed at that age if the parents had circ'ed at a younger age.

I am NOT judging those who want their children to stay intact, that's your choice. But who are you to tell a person of the Jewish faith that they shouldn't have the right to follow a practice that they have been doing for thousand's of years, because it's your opinion that they shouldn't be circ'ing their kids?

God bless!

omahamama731 12-10-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle_M
It would infringe on religious freedom. Jewish people truly do believe that it is a commandment of God and do it because God told them to in their Bible (Old Testament for Christians).

To say they could no longer circumcise their children, would be telling them that they cannot worship God or follow his laws.

I will be very surprised if this passes no matter how many signatures are on the paper. And no, I won't be singing it. All three of my boys are circ'ed and I don't regret it.

And just as there has been damage done by botched circumcisions, I have known children who HAD to be circ'ed at age 6 or 7 because of constant painful infections and it became a medical necessity, which would not have been needed at that age if the parents had circ'ed at a younger age.

I am NOT judging those who want their children to stay intact, that's your choice. But who are you to tell a person of the Jewish faith that they shouldn't have the right to follow a practice that they have been doing for thousand's of years, because it's your opinion that they shouldn't be circ'ing their kids?

God bless!

what she said :)

s@hmommy 12-10-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 16026790)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CASMama711 (Post 16027458)
Agree.

You win more flies with honey than with vinegar... just something I think some people in the anti-circ movement might want to consider. :2cents:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle_M (Post 16027634)

God bless!

I agree with every point. Shoving your opinion down peoples throats is not going to win anyone over to your cause.

kushie tushie 12-10-2012 03:39 PM

Omg ladies. Seriously, this was a heres a petition sign and load on if you want. This was not a debate thread.

Dh emailed me this last night. I wanted to pass it on for people who wanted to support it.

kushie tushie 12-10-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle_M (Post 16027634)

God bless!

Muslims circ their girls but thats illegal in the US.....