Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Easy way to carry 35lbs 3 year old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471160)

Pixi6s 12-10-2012 09:15 AM

Easy way to carry 35lbs 3 year old

Hello,

We were babywearing-ers the first 2 years all the time. I have a sleepywrap (now called a boba wrap) and the ergo. We loved them both! The past year we didn't do much baby wearing. We are working on #2 and my 35lbs son is getting heavy when he wants to be carried for any length of time. I figure its going to be worst PG.

Whats a good way to easily carry a 3 year old (probably hip carry), easy in/out -- and easy to bring with us when he starts out walking. I hate pushing an empty stroller!

I have thought about getting something new to try with #2 -- and so may be willing to make a purchase to help me with this current dilemma.

Thanks!

doulamomma 12-10-2012 09:26 AM

I have a sleepy wrap and love it, but only for when they are smaller. I love a mei tie for when they get bigger. I plan on getting a woven with this baby. They are supposed to be really good for all size babies, and I love the versatility of a woven.

Sent from my droid

itiswhatitis1984 12-10-2012 09:27 AM

What about a rs? They are really easy with hip carries & its fast up & down. Plus you can use it for a baby too :)

Pixi6s 12-11-2012 06:58 AM

Re: Easy way to carry 35lbs 3 year old

Quote:

Originally Posted by itiswhatitis1984 (Post 16025853)
What about a rs? They are really easy with hip carries & its fast up & down. Plus you can use it for a baby too :)

Sorry, what is an RS?

I was thinking about getting a woven. I assume there is a good toddler hip carry.

JennTheMomma 12-11-2012 08:53 AM

^ ring sling

juliasmom 12-11-2012 03:53 PM

I wear my 35# toddler in the Ergo and in the RS on occasion. Sometimes you can catch me cooking dinner with the baby on the front and toddler on the back, lol.

southernbelle04 12-11-2012 04:30 PM

My husband can wear our 3yo in a Beco Butterfly 2 comfortably. I can't wear her anymore. I am too short & her legs are too long. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Leiiki 12-11-2012 04:37 PM

For a kid that big, I would go with a Toddler or Preschool Kinderpack. I can wear my 35lb 2.5yo for hours in our Toddler Kinderpack, it's so comfortable!

lynn97 12-11-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leiiki
For a kid that big, I would go with a Toddler or Preschool Kinderpack. I can wear my 35lb 2.5yo for hours in our Toddler Kinderpack, it's so comfortable!

I would look at a Kinderpack too. I still wear DS in our Boba 3G but he is only about 23 lbs. I would not try any kind of hip carry, personally, while pregnant. Hip carries are fine for a short amount of time but are never recommended for extended amounts of time and I think it would be even harder on you while pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

CASMama711 12-11-2012 08:06 PM

Re: Easy way to carry 35lbs 3 year old

A ring sling would be best for hip carries and easy in and out, but I would not do a hip carry with a 35 lb child. For that size child, I would definitely use a SSC on my back. Onya Baby would be my choice for a child that large.