Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tell me about cloth in the hossy. . . (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471192)

Mom2ManyBlessings 12-10-2012 09:34 AM

I think I want to do cloth in the hospital. Can anyone give me any tips? How much to bring? Is it worth it? Will a L Wet Bag be enough since NB dipea are tiny?
FYI: Im likely having a CSection, if anyone has experience with cloth in the hospital after one Id love to hear how it went. :)

nonipie 12-10-2012 10:10 AM

Re: Tell me about cloth in the hossy. . .

I think its worth it if you use cloth for health and environmental reasons or if you have a LO that reacts to Pampers. Plus it's cute. I brought 20 this last time and did not go through them all in 2 days. They wet and poop so little those first 48 hours. Meconium washes right out no stains. DH put on the first diaper and all the rest I changed. The nurses did not say a word and let us do our thing. DH threw them in the washer when we got home, no biggie. We did fitteds with wool or coverless.

My youngest a few minutes old
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1353599980

cdbmama 12-10-2012 10:26 AM

I hope others respond as I am also in the same boat. I have to have a csection and am expecting in august. Not everyone knows, but after a c, we will be there for 4 days, and milk comes in after 2nd day, so lots of diapers in theory. I remember changing a NB diap after every feeding day 3 and 4. My husband has nothing to do with cloth diapering, so I don't know if he will wash the dirty ones if I send home a wet bag. It would be so cool if hospitals provided prefolds along w/pampers. We can dream ;) good luck!

OrangeBananas 12-10-2012 10:48 AM

I always brought cloth to the hospital, and I also have c-sections. I believe I brought around 2 dozen, and a large hanging wet bag. It went very well, and I just put the diaper in the drawer they keep the sposies in, and hung the wet bag off the side of it.

Hungry Caterpillar 12-10-2012 10:51 AM

I had a C/S and brought cloth. We did have issue with having the baby come back from the nursery after pedi rounds wearing a sposie instead, but we had brought Earths Best sposies as well to swap out for Pampers just in case that happened.

Just bring a wetbag and a couple dozen. :)

sisu 12-10-2012 11:47 AM

Both of my kids were C-sections and still in cloth immediately. It wasn't a huge deal for us to use cloth, the nurses were in love with our diapers and were more than happy to use them instead of disposables for the few changes they did.

I was in the hospital 5 days after DS and 4 days after DD, I think we had a couple dozen diapers each time. The first few days were easy since my newborns didn't go through a lot of diapers right away. We were close to the hospital, too, so DH just took them home and washed them when he left to take care of things at the house. A large wetbag was definitely enough for a 3 days or so.

breast4my3 12-10-2012 12:05 PM

I would bring a little detergent so you can wash a couple out in the sink to air dry, just in case you run a little low or have to stay an extra day. Good luck!

EyeDocMommy 12-10-2012 12:31 PM

I had a c section and started cloth in the hospital. We used about 18 diapers in the 48 hours I was there. Both of my babies seemed to pee and poop way more than what is expected. Just wash when you get home. No big deal an meconium does not stain. It comes out easier than EBF poo.

parterasd 12-10-2012 01:12 PM

So worth it! My baby was premature so I arranged with the nicu staff to use cloth, and they reluctantly agreed, but my LO never ended up getting admitted to nicu! I had 30 prefolds with me and used a bunch but not all.

Mom2ManyBlessings 12-10-2012 03:40 PM

Great! Im okay with a few sposies if I run out but, would love to use our NB cloth right away. :)

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)